Chapter 18: Wong in an Apron

After the peaceful night of movies and cuddles, the two of you woke up later than usual in the morning, you curled in Stephen's arms, who was still passed out and snoring softly. Clanging could be heard from the hall of the sanctum meaning that Wong had returned or both of you's cloaks had gotten into some sort of trouble, hopefully, it wasn't the second option.

Feeling too lazy to get up at the moment, you felt content just staring at your partner. His snores were surprisingly not annoying, which was good news for your future, and were soft. His face seemed relaxed for once in his life, no doubt his position caused him a lot of stress compared to a normal person. As you lay there, he started to move around, waking up from the long sleep you both had. 

"Y/N," his blue eyes opened up to meet yours as a smile painted his tired face. His voice was husky, gods you could get used to waking up like this every morning. 

"I think we slept in," you whispered as you rolled over to find your phone on the floor and check the time. Opening it up to see texts from all of the Avengers.

Keep it down tonight. I feel bad for Wong. -Tony

Make sure you soundproof the room. -Clint

Sorry. I tried to stop them. -Peter 

"We're surrounded by idiots," you muttered as Stephen read the texts over your shoulder.

"That's just Stark and birdbrain for you."

Electing to ignore the texts you sat up stretching your sore muscles and getting out of bed to steal Stephen's blue robe draped over a chair in the corner.

"Stephen? Why do you need a robe if you have a cloak?"

The sorcerer met you at the door, wrapping his arms around your waist, "Why do you need to wear mine when you also have a cloak?"

Whacking him in the arm with your sleeve you started to move out of his room, "Shut up."

The kitchen was filled with food. Bacon, eggs, waffles, and an assortment of fruits littered the table. Coffee was brewing and water as well, probably for tea.

Turning to Stephen he looked just as shocked as you did.

I guess you didn't do this.

"I didn't," he muttered in confusion.

"I did," Wong responded as he made his way back into the kitchen with a pink apron tied around him, "It's my birthday gift to you. Consider it an apology for missing it."

"Thank you, Wong," making your way over to your friend and giving him a chaste kiss on the cheek. Luckily Stephen was reasonable and knew not to get jealous of both of yours friend.

"I see you two finally got together," Wong raised his eyebrow at you two, as he removed the tea kettle from the stove burner and poured it into Stephen's mug for him, a teabag already in place. 

"We are," you sat down at the table as Stephen pulled a chair next to you for him to sit in.

"Thanks for keeping it down last night, I was worried you two would be at it loudly."

Turning red in embarrassment you saw Stephen's face flush red as well. Groaning you attempted to hide your face in your hands.

"We didn't fuck," Stephen whispered, "why does everyone assume we did, we're not teenagers."

God this man gets flustered easily.

Shut up.

Tssk tssk tssk. Rude. That's no way to treat your partner.

Wong snorted, obviously not believing Stephen's claim. 

Suddenly your cloak flew into the room and wrapped itself around your shoulders as Stephen's made its way to his. A puzzling look was exchanged with the two sorcerers in the room, but they obviously did not know what caused the cloaks' reactions. 

They were probably off causing some mischief and something happened.

Should we check it out?

I'm sure it's fine, I'm starving.

Leaping into the heaps of delicious food in front of you, Wong handed you a freshly brewed cup of coffee. You had to admit, the man was an excellent cook. The real question was how he afforded all the ingredients. 

"How'd you buy all this?" Your curiosity getting the better of you. 

"I stole it," Wong replied like it was no big deal.

Sling ring portals?

He does it all the time, you learn to get over it.

Oddly enough communicating through your mind wasn't a strange feeling at all. It felt like you were home and just natural, a good conversation with your best friend and partner. You had nothing to hide, besides some parts of your past, that were gruesome thanks to Hydra, but the sorcerer seemed to respect that as you could feel him avoid the area.

"That's lovely. I thought we were supposed to be good."

"We are. I stole it from Stark's fridge."

Chuckling, you imagined the reaction the billionaire would have. The man probably wouldn't even notice, he's so rich, or actually, it's Tony of course he'll notice. 

"That's perfectly fine then." Your response earned a laugh from the occupants of the table. Stephen going back to sipping his tea while looking at you with a lovesick look on his face. It was hard to believe it'd only been a day, the sanctum felt more home than anything, even the tower.  Maybe as your relationship progressed you could move here and portal to missions, sling rings really were handy, even with your own magic, portals were hard to form and the rings made it much easier. 

Today and every day after was looking to be a very good life, even if it was chaotic. Oh how wrong that statement would be in the future. 

AN: For some reason when planning this I just thought it would be funny to have Wong cook and be in an apron, so filler chapter ig?? Sorry for not updating like I mentioned before, family issues and then also exams have been keeping me busy

Also my MOM review here (no spoilers don't worry) honestly I'd give it a 6.5/10 the writing was a bit bad and the pacing was way too fast, in my opinion, it also could have used the longer runtime it first had. Stephen also felt out of character in most scenes.