Chapter 21: Mission Nerves

Anyone else suck at titles? Cause I sure do

Grabbing the suit out of the air you didn't even bother with goodbyes, instead just pushing open the door with a gust of win and running through it and the hallway. The door slamming after you let it go, causing you to wince at the loud noise.

Passing by the sleeping Avenger's rooms you made sure to run as quietly as possible, having pretty good experience from years prior.

Finally reaching your destination, you knocked, hearing Wanda yell 'come in' from the other side you pushed it open, seeing the witch sitting on her bed.

She shot you a playful glare as you collapsed on top of the sheets. Panting you tried to catch your breath, very thankful that she did not care about the excursion taking a few minutes longer than expected, "Sorry, you know how Tony loves to talk."

Wanda nodded, happy with the explanation. Getting up to change into her suit, you doing the same, placing the utility belt over it, still not seeing the exact purpose of the piece but still thankful that Tony cared enough to make it.

As you straightened out your outfit your hand brushed against a button on the suit, pushing it the button lit up, "Hey, Wanda? Do you know what this button does?"

She studied your suit, "It's tracking, we all have one."

Nodding you understood why it was there, the team was always in danger, especially members like you and Bucky who Hydra was always on the hunt to get back, it was better to be prepared than sorry.

Wanda and you caught up for just a bit longer, you shooting her a goodbye before leaving to find Bucky, the leader of the mission since he was the most experienced and oldest, besides you.

Traversing the hallways of the tower, you checked the gym, lab, and all the other possible rooms before you found yourself standing in front of the gigantic doors to the library.

Pushing one open the room was dimly lit, forming a ball of light you saw Bucky in the corner, a flashlight in hand in a nook reading a book peacefully.

"Hey," you sat down next to him, Bucky scooting over to make room in the nook. "The Hobbit? Didn't expect that from you old man."

"Yeah, yeah, you're one to talk, doll," grinning at you.

"I'm nervous, Buck," leaning onto his shoulder.

"Read a book, that's what I always do, or go talk to that sorcerer boyfriend of yours. If books don't work I always talk to Steve and that helps me." (hehe Stucky)

"I'm just worried about Hydra, you know?"

"Doll, it's your first mission, I highly doubt anything out of the ordinary will happen. Even if it does, we have the most powerful member of the team with us." (It's Wanda and I will fight you if you say otherwise)

After a few more comforting words you finally felt semi confident that nothing would go wrong. Waving a goodbye and saying a quick thank you, you took the sling ring on your hand to form a portal to the Sanctum.

Walking into the main hallway you passed some students, busy cleaning relics. Then finally getting to the kitchen you found Stephen, in the corner of the room, relaxed at the table focused on a book.

Silently laughing ion your head at how focused he was, not even noticing you entering the room, you walked over to the table where he was at.

"Enjoying yourself Mr. Strange?" Sitting down across from him noticing he was reading a book about relics that he must have gotten from the Kamar Taj.

"Not until now," Stephen told you as he set the book down on the table, smiling at you.

"So, bad news?" Mentally cringing at yourself for having to cancel plans.

Stephen shot you a questioning look. Prepping yourself you blurted it out, "I got my first mission."

"What's so bad about that?" Stephen looked confused.

"We may or may not leave in ten minutes so I'll have to miss dinner."

Stephen shrugged not looking disappointed or anything. "That's fine."

"Really?"

"I haven't started dinner yet, and besides," Stephen got up to hug you from the side planting a kiss on your cheek, "you're becoming a real Avenger."

"Can we reschedule dinner for later this week?"

"Any time, I just want to be with you. You deserve a real date. So tell me about this mission."

After giving a quick explanation of what was expected of the mission and who you were going with, along with your new gadgets you realized it was almost time to leave.

"Walk with me to the quinjet?" You asked Stephen who nodded and took your hand, forming a portal to the top of the tower for you two to go through.

Entering the portal the two of you stepped out onto the roof of the tower, the afternoon sun blazing bright as it could ever be. It seemed that Bucky and Wanda were already set to go, sitting in the back of the open jet chatting.

Peter seemed to be off doing whatever it is that teenage vigilantes do. That was until he swung up onto the top of the building.

"Hey Mr. Strange!" He shouted out of breath in front of you two. "Hey Y/N!"

"Well Doc, I think that's my cue to leave," letting go of Stephen's hand to stand in front of him.

"Stay safe," Stephen told you, ruffling your hair before kissing you innocently, since Peter was still there.

"I'll try," hugging him you waved as you got on board of the quinjet, now ready to take off with Bucky in the pilot seat.

"Bye!" You shouted as it started to hover in the air, seeing Stephen watching with a smile on his face as he waved to you.

AN: Before anyone says anything about how there's no conflict or anything like that this book is supposed to be long! I plan for it to be at least 35 chapters and it probably will be way longer! And I will update more frequently I've just been bus...

AN: Before anyone says anything about how there's no conflict or anything like that this book is supposed to be long! I plan for it to be at least 35 chapters and it probably will be way longer! And I will update more frequently I've just been busy working lately but it's about to calm down in a few days!

Also, the Sherlock and Marvel crossover (A Doctor Strange x Gender Neutral reader) is out of its planning stages and is being written! It's based slightly off my one-shot Detectives and Sorcerers so be sure to check it out!