Chapter 29: It's a Date

"Attack them first? Stark, do you know how stupid that plan sounds?" Stephen scoffed, you could just tell without the use of magic that he was thinking of using the sanctum's resources and putting sorcerers, who weren't supposed to be involved, in harm's way.

Sending him a pointed look he quieted, "Stephen, we aren't using people from the Sanctum or Kamar Taj."

"How long do we have?" Steve asked, looking slightly more concerned than Tony, mental blueprints beginning to run through his mind knowing that this might be a larger fight than recent ones.

"She only said soon." You sighed, nails tapping against the wood of the table as you tried to think. "They know the full extent of my powers and how to control them, I'm not sure how wise it is for me or Bucky to fight."

"We can try a binder, see if it limits those but allows you to practice mystic arts." Stephen suggested, his smart ex surgeon brain finally coming into hand when planning. "They don't know you've been practicing at the Sanctum and how skilled you've gotten."

"Tony, can you and Bruce make something like that?" Nat asked, the billionaire stroked his goatee before nodding, taking his phone out to text Bruce about the plans.

"Is there any way we can just make them gone for good?" Stephen's head flew up as you asked that, his shocked gaze meeting your eyes as you ignored the protests from everyone else in the room. "As long as I have abilities, I'm a risk. HYDRA can figure out a way to control me at any minute, they've done it before. With no powers then there's no risk."

"And you can still help the team with the mystic arts." Nat finished the reasoning for you, gaining a satisfactory nod.. "We don't have any full time sorcerers as members."

"You have me." Stephen protested, knowing the risk it could be to take away someone's magic and natural connection to the earth, especially its elements like you were.

"No, we dont." You told him. "Your duties are bound to the Sanctum and Kamar Taj first as a sanctum master, mine aren't."

Stephen sighed, figuring that you two would discuss the issue further later on but for now it was easier to bounce ideas around. "We'll have to make you a master, you'll be able to practice more outside of the Sanctum and it'll look better for the team."

Nodding you were internally shocked but tried not to show it, but Stephen raised an eye as he saw the twinge of disbelief in your eyes. "Tony, do we have enough time to schedule another press release for next week and find a power binder or something to destroy them?"

A grave responsibility had settled upon your shoulders, faced with a choice, protect others or protect yourself, the latter while much more appealing was not the decision you were leaning towards. Even if taking your gifts away would weaken you, would leave you defenseless, or damage you by taking away the already prolonged span of your life, it seemed worth it.

"There should be enough time, I can get Parker and Banner to help me." Tony got up from the table, heading for the door before he turned back, "We'll discuss it further before I make it official."

"That sounds fine." Steve spoke up, lifting some of the weight off your shoulders as you knew what would come when the meeting ended and you were only with Stephen. "We can disband this for now, everyone needs to rest after the press earlier so we can plan properly."

"Sounds good to me," Nat placed a comforting hand on your shoulder before you nodded, telling her you were okay to handle this alone for the moment being.

"Stephen and I are going back to the sanctum, in case it comes sooner than expected." Steve didn't have any protests against the statement so you followed Stephen as he got up, going to your bedroom since you would need to gather some things for overnight, especially until the attack happened.