Chapter 8: Party Prep

You had now been living with the Avengers for two months. Your days were split between the sanctum, where you had finally started training at, and training or doing other stuff with the team. Your abilities had blossomed under the instruction of Stephen and sometimes Wong and the many books of the sanctum. You and he spent a lot of time together every day now, and he was easily becoming your best friend.

Tony and Bruce had managed to find out your birthday while working with them in the lab one day, and Tony insisted on having a party to celebrate it. You insisted on keeping it small, especially since Hydra would surely be looking to get you back, so he assured you that he would only bring in your friends and some people from Shield.

Today was the day of the party and Nat and Wanda had insisted on getting you a new dress while the rest of the team went shopping for presents, for your birthday tomorrow. You were excited and nervous, this was your first real party, before this you'd only been to some at Hydra under the eyes of guards and forced to talk to scumbags the whole time. 

You were going to the mall with the rest of the team and Stephen who you convinced after a conversation that resulted in you begging for him to come. You were sat in the backseat, of the big van, between him and Peter.

"Are you coming to my party tonight?" You asked him.

"I don't know, parties aren't really my forte," Stephen said.

"Please." Deciding to pull out the ultimate weapon, puppy eyes.

"Fine, but I'm staying with you the whole night, I'm not talking to anyone else," Stephen said getting out of the car and helping you out. 

"Thank you!" You squealed and kissed his cheek, and quickly pulled away after realizing what you had done and running off to find Nat and Wanda before he could see your now red face. 

"Whipped." Peter coughed after seeing the sorcerer's red face after the unexpected gesture.

"Shut it Parker." the sorcerer said. 

Soon after the team left to go on their separate ways, you went with the girls to first find a dress, and then you would go shopping and possibly run into the guys.  

Dress shopping was easy, you found a long evening gown in your favorite color, Y/F/C, that looked beautiful on you, it was loose enough to dance in and chat but tight enough to complement your shape perfectly. Natasha and Wanda each found one that complemented their bodies as well. Nat's was black and very tight with an open back, Wanda's was a beautiful dark red with a slit on the side that went up to her upper thigh. You were confident. You weren't exactly sure who you were trying to impress but you definitely would get to everyone.

"So, Y/N, what's up with you and Strange?" Natasha teased as you were looking at jewelry.

"What's up with you and Bruce?" You fired back.

"Well played, but answer the question."

"He's a friend."

"Then what was that kiss on the cheek earlier?"

"That's what friends do." You said but deep down you were wondering. What was Stephen? You knew you were only friends but was there more?

You ignored the looks from Nat suggesting what you were thinking about and turned your attention back to the jewelry in front of you when you felt someone behind you.

"Natasha for gods' sake! Go away, I really don't feel like answering any more questions about my relationships with Stephen when I'm supposed to be enjoying my day!" you roared.

"What if I weren't Natasha?" the person said.

You gulped. You knew exactly who that voice belonged to and that the owner would have some questions for you about what you just said.

"Hi Stephen." you sighed out.

"So what was that about?" 

"Can we please talk about this later? In private maybe?"

"Sure."

"What do you think about this necklace? I saw it the first time I came here and fell in love with it." you asked, holding it up against your skin.

"It looks expensive. You really do look lovely with it on though."

"Thank you, Stephen," you stated blushing, "unfortunately it's a little too costly for me at the moment." 

With that you walked out of the jewelry store to find the girls to go back to get ready for your evening, little did you know that the sorcerer had stayed behind. 

Soon enough you and the girls were back in Wanda's room to get ready for the celebration. You put on your Y/F/C dress and paired it with some heels of the same color. You allowed Natasha to style your hair in a classy updo with some golden branches throughout it, that reminded you of the vines you could grow. You then let Wanda apply some eyeshadow, that matched the color of your dress, and put some dark red lipstick on you. The girls then decided to head out while you stayed a little longer. 

You were nervous, very nervous, this wasn't good. You were worrying too much, you knew that, but you couldn't stop. Suddenly you heard a knock on your door, saying a quick prayer that it wasn't Natasha or Wanda, you went to open it to be met face to face with a wizard. Wow, he looked good in an actual suit.

"Are you alright? I can feel your energy from the kitchen," Stephen questioned. 

"I'm fine," you quickly replied, "just not sure about the people Tony invited, what if they want to bring me back to Hydra? I can't go back there."

"Y/N, Stark said he triple-checked the guest list, it's only some Shield agents that the team has worked with before, you'll be alright and if anything happens I'll be right by your side, after all that's what you promised me earlier."

"Okay, I'm ready now," you mumbled, somehow the man could always calm you down.

AN: I don't really like this book as much as the other one I'm currently writing so I'm going to start putting out chapters of the other one as well  soon