Chapter 20: Hotshot

Hurridly rushing from Wanda's room to Tony's lab, you ran through the halls, careful to take light footsteps and do your best to not wake up the hungover superheroes that lived in the tower. 

After a minute of cautiously running, you burst through the lab doors, where Tony was tinkering with some inventions, looking as bright and cheery as ever.

Momentarily you forgot about the 'Tony Legacy' and how well the man handled his alcohol after years of being rich and partying, "How on Earth are you not hungover? Do you even know how much you drank last night?"

"He does, he's just Tony," Bruce sarcastically mumbled from the other side of the lab, you not noticing the doctor till now, thinking he was away on Shield business like he had been the past few days.

"Oh, hi Bruce," sheepishly giving the scientist away as he glanced up to smile at you then go back to tinkering with his current project, involving a shocking amount of test tubes, that almost took up a whole table of the lab.

"Hey hotshot, what do you need?" Not bothering to look up as he spoke to you. 

"I just came in for my suit," looking around you tried to locate where your suit was, only to be met with weird machines and inventions and no suit.

Tony finally looked up to raise his eyebrow at you, "What the fuck do you need that for?"

You put on a proud smile feeling confident as ever, "A mission."

"Holy shit kid. You got a mission already?" 

"Yes. How many damn times do I have to remind you that I'm older than you?"

"Not enough."

Seeing Bruce struggling to lift up a heavy box, you waved your hand, a vine appearing to take it from him and place it where he needed a grateful look plastered on his face, "Thanks Y/N."

Smiling at the doctor you went back to your conversation with Tony, the man once again lost in his inventions. Pepper really needed to educate him on some manners along with attention span.

"So what's the mission?" Tony's muffled voice asked from underneath the table, where he was currently working. 

"Hydra base, getting information. Hopefully no fighting. or anything," casually sitting on the table above Tony until he would come back up, so you could force him to get your suit.

The grease-covered billionaire hummed in response, "Can you pass me the wrench?"

"Sure," Grabbing the tool off the table and placing it in his waiting hand, before walking around the lab more, fully taking in the many inventions that seemed to decorate every nook and cranny. 

Bruce caught your attention, fiddling with a glove, before looking up and waving you over, "Come see this Y/N."

"What is it?"

"One of the tech pieces I'm working on designing specially for you. The rest of the team already has their own that either Tony or I have made. You have a few more in production, mainly by Tony, but they aren't ready just yet."

"So what does this one do?" Eyeing the invention carefully knowing better than to pick it up, not knowing a thing it did.

"This," Bruce picked the glove up to hand it to you, "generates heat and also a coolant, just in case you need to cool off enough to be able to produce ice or get warm enough to produce fire."

To be honest, you would probably never need the gloves, but if Tony and Bruce spent time on it, you would gladly take it just for sentimental purposes.

"I have something too," Tony told you finally done with whatever he was working on, grabbing a large box off a shelf and bringing it over to a table, you following right behind.

Damn it. All you needed was your suit, not a full-on science fair. Wanda was going to be mad at the two if you weren't back soon to get ready.

Grumbling at the enthusiasm the two had, you half paid attention to what Tony was saying, "Hey Tones, think we can hurry this up? I got a hormonal witch waiting for me that I'm not too fond of pissing off."

Tony looked up to glare at you before digging into the box and pushing things around to find something, "Give me a minute hotshot, I'll just tell FRIDAY to tell her something."

"Yeah well I also have to get back to Stephen, I don't want him to be worried while I'm gone."

"You and that magic boyfriend, what a match."

Whacking the billionaire at the back of his head, you saw Bruce trying to hold in a chuckle, sending a gust of wind in his direction to fly some papers away the scientist scrambled after them, cursing under his breath.

"Just show me, Tony, then get my damn suit for Norn's sake."

"Anyways grumpy," Tony gave a short pause for dramatic effect, before pulling out a belt, "You have a utility belt!"

"A belt? Tony, I have a mission and you show me a belt? Does it even do anything?" Looking at the man with pure disbelief on your face.

Tony shrugged, flashing you a nervous smile, "It holds your suit up?" 

Groaning you hid your head in your arms, hoping the table could understand what you were going through dealing with this 'genius'.

"It has a few knives hidden in it," Tony threw you the belt, backing away nervously, before running off to hopefully get your suit, because if not one billionaire was about to be getting the beating of his life. 

Looking over the belt in your hands, you could see all the various little compartments, some small knives and larger ones as well, not sewn in but hidden from plain sight. 

"Here's your suit hotshot," Tony threw the bundle of material at you, before walking off to talk to Bruce. 

AN: Sorry for disappearing, I got a job and stuff

AN: Sorry for disappearing, I got a job and stuff. ANYWAYS I'M NOT DEAD!