Sticks and stones

"What's good your panties in a twist, sour patch Kid?" Tony asked, furrowing his eyebrows at the depressed teenager lying across the ceiling.

"I don't wanna go to school anymore," Peter told sadly.

"That's fine, then don't," Tony advised with a shrug, walking over to the coffee maker.

"Tony!" Pepper chastised before looking at Peter; "Why don't you wanna go to school, sweetie?"

"Because there's this guy and he keeps saying mean things," Peter told, sighing dramatically. Tony's mug broke in his hand, an intensely calm smile spreading on his lips.

"What did you say this kids name was?" he asked, blinking excessively.

"Tony!" Pepper repeated in a sharp tone; "Peter, you know what they say, sticks and stones."

"Pepper's right, you should beat him with sticks and stones," Tony agreed, nodding sincerely.

"No! Sticks and stones may break my bones, buuuut?" she dragged out, gesturing for Peter to finish the saying.

"But chains and whips excite me?" he asked confused.

Tony broke into laughter as Pepper pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me," she corrected, sighing deeply. Peter furrowed his eyebrows.

"I got this, Pep," Tony decided; "Wanna come down, Pete?"

"No thank you, I live on the ceiling," Peter replied happily.

"I got your new web-shooters," he teased, taking a step back when Peter fell on the floor in front of him. He squealed in excitement as he took the web-shooters from Tony, holding them up to see.

"Can I go test them outside?" he asked, slipping them on his wrists.

"Whatever, I'm not your dad," Tony replied with a shrug, Peter immediately running towards the hallway.

"NoT IN THE STREET!" Tony yelled after him, Peter's reply being heard through the window to the street.

"God damn it," Tony sighed.