Lockdown

Lockdown

"Hey," Ned greeted, making me jump from surprise.

"What's up with you, dude? You've been on edge all day," he claimed, sitting down next to me.

"My spidey-senses are acting up, but I can't figure out why."

"Maybe you're getting sick?" Ned suggested, pulling up his book from his bag.

"Maybe," I muttered as a reply, not entirely convinced.

The speaker in our classroom played a short tune before I heard a female voice.

"All students to the gym - I repeat, all students to the gym immediately."

"Or maybe you're not getting sick, but we're being attacked by aliens," Ned suggested cheerily.

"That's not funny," I told him as we picked up our bags, following our slightly panicking classmates.

"Wasn't a joke," he retorted.

I shot him an annoyed glance as we made our way to the gym where students were taking seats on the benches.

We quickly found a spot in the back, allowing us to quietly talk without being noticed.

"Silence, please," our principal, Mrs Stephens asked of us in a megaphone. The gym quickly quietened.

"The school is officially on lockdown," she stated, starting the talking again; "I urge you all to message family members and guardians to let them know what's going on and that you're okay."

"Guess I should message Aunt May and Mr Stark," I told Ned, pulling out my phone, only to see about 100000000000 messages from Mr Stark, the last one being "WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU"

You:

I'm in school, there's a lockdown

What's going on?

Mr Stark:

Attack - WE NEED YOU!

You:

I'm not allowed to leave!

Mr Stark:

Peter I'm fuckin warning you

You:

Gimme a sec

I quickly handed Ned my phone as I stuck my hand in the air.

"Uh, yes, Mr Parker?" Mrs Stephens asked.

"I have to pee."

This one triggered quite a bit of laughing which I ignored.

"Well, I'm sorry mr Parker but you'll have to wait," she informed me. I sat down, feeling quite hopeless.

"He's getting angrier," Ned warned me in a whisper as he handed me my phone back.

Mr Stark:

TELL ME WHERE YOU ARE

You:

Why?

Mr Stark:

I'll get you out

You:

School gym

"He says he's gonna get me out?" I told Ned.

"What? How?"

"I don't know, I guess by pulling some strings," I guessed.

"Hey, what's that sound?" I asked, right before the wall at the end of the room was blasted open.

"Or maybe he's gonna break the wall," Ned muttered.

"SPIDER-MAN!" Mr Stark yelled out loud, removing the mask on his head to show himself.

Muttering spread around the room, making Mr Stark whistle.

"Listen up we need your help so come on, Fury's waiting," Tony continued.

"I know you don't want to reveal your identity so I'm giving you a chance to sneak off and get changed in silence. Meanwhile, I'll tell you all the story of how I proposed to my lovely fiancé-" Mr Stark began, creating the distraction I needed.

Only it wasn't enough, since only a few seconds went by before the ceiling broke, letting in several people dressed like cartoon ninjas.

"Oh no," I muttered, realising what I had to do.

I stuck my hand into my bag, pulling out my mask and pulling it over my head before I hit the ceiling with a web, swinging over my classmates to the floor, landing between Mr Stark and the ninja guys.

"Woah, you guys are ninjas?" I asked; "That's so cool!"

The first swung his sword - was it called a katana? -, but I quickly caught it with my web.

"Mind if I borrow this? Thanks!" I said, pulling it from him so it landed in my hand.

"I don't know how to use this," I realised.

"Sharp end into bad guys!" Mr Stark guided loudly while fighting some of the ninjas on his own.

"Like this?" I asked, throwing it at a guy who pushed it aside with his own.

"Okay, not like that," I realised.

"Guys, I really didn't want to do this," I told them before hitting two heads with two webs, banging them together.

The fight was over rather quickly, leaving me breathless in front of a gymnasium full of my fellow students - several filming.

"Peter?" A girl I didn't even recognise asked.

"I? What? No! I'm - I'm not Peter! My name is Tom!" I lied quickly.

"It's too late for that, Pete," Mr Stark told me quietly; "It'll be okay."

I took a deep breath before grabbing my mask, slowly pulling it off.

The gym went entirely silent.

I could hear my own breath, almost my own heartbeat, and not because of my spider-senses.

A slow clap came from behind.

Ned?

Followed by more.

Slowly, the student stood up one by one, clapping. Even Flash, speechless as he was, stood there, staring at me with wide eyes while clapping.

Special shoutout to Stark_Fanatic who's both voted on practically every chapter and commented lots too. I really enjoy your comments fanatic, so thank you!
-Tessa xx