Peters Pet

"Mr Stark?" Peter asked from his spot on the office chair, spinning around much too fast for Tony's liking.

"Tony," he corrected, tired after pulling an all-nighter.

"No, my name's Peter," Peter replied with an amused smile; "I was thinking, you know, sometimes the tower gets kind of lonely, and-" 

"There are several hundred people in here at all times, what are you talking about?" 

"Did you know I once had a Tamagotchi?" Peter asked instead of replying, finally sitting still in the chair.

"Okay?" 

"And, he, Pasta - his name was Pasta - he, he had a really good life. And a long life. And, you know, they're, like, really hard to take care of," Peter rambled; "Some would say harder than an actual animal." 

"Why would you name him Pasta-" 

"Maybe, I don't know, but it's harder than taking care of a fish, right? Or, like, a stick insect, right?" Peter continued.

"Peter! What are you trying to say?" Tony asked him sternly.

"Can I have a pet please? I'll take really good care of it I promise!" the kid added hurriedly; "Pretty pretty pleaaaaaaaaaa-"

"Peter-"

"eaaaaaaaaaaaaa-" 

"Peter!" Tony cut through.

"..."

"..."

"...ease," Peter ended the word.

"A pet? You mean, like a dog?" Tony questioned.

"Exactly," Peter agreed. Tony looked at him while thinking.

"Okay. You can have a pet." 

Tony did NOT realise how much he'd regret saying Peter could have a pet until his phone rang during a meeting. 

He quickly excused himself, leaving the room before moving his phone to his ear.

"Pete? Are you okay?" 

"What? Yeah, totally, but I picked up Frank, can I bring him over?

"Frank? Frank's your new pet?" Tony checked.

"Yes. He's really cool!" Peter assured him through the phone.

"Sure, you can bring him over, but I'm in a meeting, so you'll have to be alone for a few hours," Tony informed.

"I won't be alone, I have Frank," Peter corrected.

"Right, sure. See you soon, kid." With those words, Tony ended the call and headed back into the meeting. 

Not half an hour passed before the door to the conference room opened and Tony looked up to see Natasha. 

"Nat, what are you doing here?" he asked concerned.

"We have an emergency, Stark," she informed. 

"What's going on?" 

"It's Peter," Natasha told, making Tony stand up immediately.

"We'll have to continue this meeting another day. Pepper will be in touch," he told the room before rushing after Natasha.

"Peter says you gave him permission to get Frank," Natasha stated, hurrying down the hallway.