And so they lost their sanity: Chapter 252,253,257

Notes:

"Sentence like this" - memories

"Sentences like this"- blurred

As the majority of the people were still riling on the fact that the Young Master Cale was abused and had suffered throughout his childhood.

Many are angry and cursing the Duke who let his son down and selfishly chose his own happiness instead of his own son.

Many are in disbelief as the image they have with the Duke was that he was a good lord and a good father. But from what they could see, he is a good lord and a good father, but only to his other children but not Cale.

The people from the Henituse territory as looking at each other in shame. They remember the words, the rumors and the things they had said about the young master when he was still acting as a trash. Many had said he was lucky that he had a good father like the count and had cursed him for being a disgrace. But to think that he was suffering all those years, they felt ashamed.

Were they so blind to dismiss a child that is suffering? Were they so full of them that they did not realize how the Duke was neglecting his own son?

Some looked down and some bit their lower lips. No, they choice to look the other way around. And instead of looking and seeing a child that is suffering, they instead condemned him. Do they really have the right to judge?

Meanwhile, Deruth has been looking at the wall blankly. He couldn't believe how he was so delusional that Cale was fine. That his sweet and lively child, could become someone that is a trash. He teared up and bit his lower lip, he closed his eyes in frustration and anger.

He should have tried harder. He should have talked to Cale. He should have comforted his own son who was grieving.

Cale was right, Deruth didn't lose a mom. Cale did. He forgot, in his moment of sorrow, that while he did lose Jour, his lovely wife, that Cale who was only eight years old, lose his mother.

And instead of having his father comfort him, to tell him that everything will be okay. That they will push through this. His son was the one to do it.

He remembers the words his son uttered, the words of comfort that his eight-year-old son gave him while hugging him at Jour's funeral.

"Father, everything will be okay."

"Father, I'm here."

"Mother would not like us crying so much for her."

"Father, it's okay to be sad."

"Father, I love you. Mother loves you, she'll always look after us."

He felt useless. He should have known better. "Jour, you would have been disappointed at me. No, you're probably are. I let our son down, I let you down." He thought, crying silently. He felt a hand on his shoulder and he looked at Violan, who was looking at him in concern.

"I have been a terrible father. I... failed him... I failed so much." He cried, "My son, who I vowed to protect the moment he was born. Violan, I thought I was doing the right thing, I thought I was giving Cale the best, by giving him space. I was wrong and Cale suffered because of that. I should have talked to him. I should have comforted him." Deruth continued to cry. He continues to say how terrible of a father he is and how he should have done better.

Violan looked sadly at her grieving husband, she felt guilty as well. In her thought, she should have tried her best to know Cale, to understand him instead of avoiding him. She thought that if she avoided him, conflict could be avoided. But she should have sought a good relationship with Cale.