Chapter 23

.

Livy
"How did you know we rushed to the hospital?"

Nikolo leaned back. Nginuya ko naman ang pinasubo niya sa akin na kanin at sisig. Pinagluto niya ako at dinala dito sa ospital.

"Received no answers and texts from you. I got worried," he offered me a bottle of water pero umiling ako.

What did I do in this life to deserve him? He's more than enough. Beyond my expectations. I couldn't feel more safe and peaceful than with him.

Kinuwento ko sa kanya ang nangyari. He was quiet and was very attentive from the start to the end. All he did was listen and become the support system I need.

"Dad deserves to rot. After what he did?" I gritted my teeth in annoyance. Hanggang ngayon ni anino niya, wala na akong makita. "One innocent life was lost just because of his violence and imprudence. Ang gago niya."

Huminga ako ng malalim. "I don't know. The anger inside me just keeps on elevating. It's building up bit by bit," I sighed. "Hirap na hirap ako kanina na sabihin kay Mommy ang tungkol sa baby. I never knew I would break just by hearing her cry. She was in pain. I know it ate her system. Losing a child? Because of her husband?"

Ayokong isipin dahil alam kong sobrang sakit non sa part ni Mommy. Kung sino pa ang kasama niyang bumuo sa bata ang siyang sanhi rin ng pagkawala nito.

"Ilang beses ko na bang namura sa isip ko si Daddy? I can't even count it all," I sighed. "Masama ba ako dahil gusto kong masaktan lalo si Daddy? Masama ba ako dahil ayaw ko na siyang ituring na ama dahil sa mga kahayupan niya? Am I a bad if I wish for him to disappear?" I sarcastically laughed.

"Love, your feelings are valid," Nikolo gently squeezed my hand. "Do not nullify your emotions. You're hurt and in pain, that's why. You can't stop it but you can choose how to handle it."

I opened my mouth and accepted a spoonful of the meal. "Infairness, ang sarap ng luto mong sisig," I tried to make the mood lighter.

"I just googled it and watched how," he almost rolled his eyes after noticing the tease in my tone. "Is it actually delicious though? The truth please."

"Oo nga!" I laughed despite the heavy feeling in my chest. I'm glad my happy pill is here. Pinisil ko ang ilong niya. "Masarap promise. I'm proud of you. And I appreciate your efforts so much."

"Anything for you," he said seriously.

"Some tissue remains were still attached to the patient's uterus. We did dilatation and curettage to scrape out the remaining placenta tissues. The procedure was done to prevent further contamination and infection. That goes the same to heavy bleeding," the Doctor was explaining more information to my mother. I was listening closely so I know how to help.

Nanatili akong nakikinig sa doktor sa mga bilin niya. Mom was just looking down while holdong her tummy. Para siyang nakikinig pero nasa iba bagay ang isip niya.

"When will my Mom get discharged po, Doc?"

"She can be out today. Mrs. Bautista just needs bed rest. You can take her home by then," the Doctor answered.

Just like what was told, I took Mom home. The bill was paid by Dad. Maybe he felt ashamed and guilt took over his whole body. Dapat lang. I have no words to say anymore. Paying the bill is not enough to atone for what he caused.