Chapter 26

I'm back. It's been a busy month. tysm for waiting. Hi ulit.
.

Livy
"Meeting adjourned. Send the files to my office. I'll sign it today."

The board members stood up and nodded before I left the conference room. I held my bag tightly as I walked to my office. Naupo ako sa kakabili ko lang na swivel chair at hinilot ang sentido ko.

Sumakit ang ulo ko nang maalala ang nangyari kanina. I quickly called George. He didn't answer so I proceeded to text him instead. Naggigigil na talaga ako.

To: George
FUCK YOU THREE TIMES! Why the hell didn't you tell me that you set me up with Nikolo?! I'll throttle you when I see you George istg fr fr

I gritted my teeth in annoyance. Pumayag ako sa blind date na 'yon para tigilan na ako ni George. He set me up once with a random guy but it didn't work out. Pinilit niya ulit ako at sinabing babawi at mas gwapo daw 'yung ngayon. But I never expected it to be Nikolo!

I held my chest when it tightened. The mere though of him was too much to handle. How much more now that I saw him with his family? And why the heck would he attend a blind date when his wife and child would show up as well?!

Galit kong binuklat ang papeles na nasa lamesa ko at sinimulang mag-sign ng mga kinakailangan. I needed to divert my thoughts or else I would end up crying in anger and longing again. Or baka hindi. Baka sa inis at asar pala.

Mamaya sa akin si George. He knew that Nikolo is my ex! He was well-informed of it!

"Come in," I formally said after hearing the knock on my door.

"Ma'am! Coffee po or tea?"

"Coffee, Jaira," I smiled at my secretary. She looked so carefree. "Thank you."

"On it po, Madam CEO!" She cheerfully before storming out to get me a cup of coffee. I pursed my lips and sighed.

Nawa'y everyone masaya.

It's been six years since I took over the company. But nine years since I lost him.

After what happened, I helped my Mom to recuperate from her state. I had to go to a therapist too because my experience from what happened has affected me too much. I wasn't able to hadle the trauma and pain so I went for help before my sanity completely broke.

Sinubukan ko naman. Kaso ang hirap. Sobra kasi 'yung sakit. It almost killed me. Nilunod ako.

I wasn't alone in my fight though. My friends were there. They helped me rise from my tough times. Although they were a little far, they came from Baguio to see me. They had classes that time already. May duty pa sila but they left to come see me. Nagkaroon sila ng extensions sa duty. I told them to go back immediately but they didn't. Huwag ko na lang daw problemahin 'yon. But I couldn't do that. They cut classes and duty just to come see me. Hindi rin biro 'yung ginawa nila. But I appreciate it. Sobra.

I still graduated that year although I was in the midst of the chaos. I didn't know how. But I just gave everything up and asked the Almighty to help me get through it. He was the one who guided me until I was standing stronger.

It took a year before Mom got better. I passed my boards and did my best to learn the tactics and set-ups of the company. Ginugol ko ang oras ko para matutunan lahat ng kailangan kong matutunan. Until I got used on the happenings inside and outside the company. When Mom has totally recuperated from her state, we joined forces. She helped me strip Dad from his position. My Mom's family owned the company so we had the capability and power to make him step down from the CEO position.