0:3

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀɪᴘ
﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊

The next morning, Dahlia woke up early and got her bag from her nightstand. She had already packed two days in advance, not wanting to forget anything.

She went into Debby's room when she was still sleeping with drool running down her cheek, her hair in a mess with the same clothes from yesterday.

She shook her, trying to wake her up "get up, Debby, we have to go." Debby moved and mumbled something along the lines of go away, "Deborah get up," Dahlia said a bit loudly, taking a step back. Hearing that name Debby sat up abruptly "what did you call me," she said grumpily. "Let's go," Dahlia said, walking to the door. Debby got a pillow and threw it at her sister, who just in time avoided being hit with it and was out the door.

After Debby finally got out of her room in a bad mood, the two girls got in their mother's car.

Their mother, Joy, had arrived just in time to take both girls to the bus stop, where everyone was already there saying goodbye to their parents. Dahlia and Debby got out of the car with their mother right behind them.

Joy hugged her youngest daughter "mom, you're squishing me," Debby whined, trying to get out of her mother's embrace. "Just a few more minutes," her mother mumbled, not letting her go. After a few more seconds, Joy let go of Debby "ok, now your turn," Joy said, opening her arms as she looked at her oldest daughter with a smile on her face; Dahlia hugged her mother.

Dahlia was excited to go on the trip, she couldn't wait for what they would see on the trip, but she was going to miss her mom and dad.

She felt like a little kid; it reminded her of her first day of kindergarten when she wouldn't let go of her mother and was sobbing; she didn't care if the other children saw her. The only reason Dahlia went to school that day was because of a little boy with brown eyes and messy hair who held her hand throughout the whole day; he was sweet to her and didn't make her feel alone.

After what felt like forever, Dahlia let go of her mother; she didn't know what she was worried about; she was going to see her parents in a few days.

While Dahlia and Debby were saying their last goodbye to their mother, the other kids were excited for the journey and ready to be without parents just for a few days. While others like Dahlia felt sad and hoped their parents wouldn't let them go.

"We have to go," Dahlia said when she saw a few students getting on the bus. "Please behave," Joy said, giving Debby a motherly look, "I feel offended I'm an angel," Debby said with both hands on her heart. "Take care of her," Joy said, looking at Dahlia. Joy knew he could count on Dahlia to keep Debby in check "always do" Dahlia smiled and gave her mother a kiss on the cheek.

On the bus, Dahlia took a seat with her sister, who was already talking with Olivia, who was in the seat next to her. Cassandra was in front of them while Harry was a few rows back; next to him was Kelly. Harry gave her a small smile when he saw her looking back at him.

She wasn't directly looking at him; she was just gazing around to see the other students.

She turned her head and looked back to the front.

Once the bus started moving, people started to cheer; others stuck their heads out of the small windows to wave goodbye; Dahlia looked at the window and saw that her mother was already gone; the spot where she stood was now empty.