0:19

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ
ɴᴏᴠᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊

It's been a few months since Cassandra died. People were trying to move on and survive. So far Allie was doing a good job.

They had jobs, rules, and meetings once a week.

In the last few months Dahlia had learned to relax a bit, not focus too much on being perfect and learning that it is ok to not have everything figured out.

Harry asked her to be his girlfriend after they kissed in the forest. She obviously said yes.

She was a bit nervous about it; she thought that the feelings she had toward him were friendly, not romantically, until he kissed her and she realized that she liked him more than friends.

She's happy with Harry. They would have dates every other week, and after their jobs they would hang out at each other's place.

Even Debby was starting to like him, and she was controlling herself in not punching him when he called her Deborah.

Last week they even had a double date with Debby and Olivia. They got to know each other more, and they had a great time. Dahlia was happy that her sister and boyfriend were getting along and not trying to kill each other.

The happiness didn't last long, at least for Harry. Dahlia started to notice that Harry was acting strange in the last few weeks. He had less energy, and he was talking less.

She was worried about him. Harry is someone special to her; she likes him a lot, and she doesn't want to see him like that, but she's not sure what to do.

She's not even sure Harry knows what's wrong with him.

She loves him; she knows that. She wants him to be happy to be able to talk to her, but that might be a challenge for him.

Dahlia placed her hand on Harry's thigh as they were in church. Harry slowly moved his hand on top of hers and smiled sadly.

They had a meeting today. Gwen was in front, but Dahlia didn't know what she was talking about.

"Thank you, Gwen," Allie said.

"Okay, I just want to remind everybody that this Thursday is Thanksgiving, so, uh, bring all your recipes to Will so he can make sure that you guys have all the right ingredients."

Will raised his head and gave a small smile. He was standing next to Kelly. "Um, next, we have an update from the committee on resources."

Dahlia was planning to make Apple Pie Cupcakes for Thanksgiving this year. She was going to be using her grandmother's recipe. 

It was the first time she was going to do them on her own. In previous years her mother would help her. Even her grandmother helped her one year before she got sick.

"What about the committee on going home?" Lexie asked.

"Gordie and Bean promised me a report on Thursday," Allie replied. "Are we going home?" Lexie pressed. "Not before Thursday." Allie responded, making the room erupt with laughter.

"Will," Allie called him, and he walked to where she was.

"Okay. So, we finished our audit on food supplies, and based on our current rationing we have enough to carry us through spring. This winter won't be a problem, but our food won't last forever. We all knew that. It'll start to run low by next summer." Will explained, and the crowd gasped.