0:7

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇꜱ
﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊

Cassandra had called for a meeting at the church; it was an only woman meeting. Debby was sitting down next to Olivia; they were giggling. Dahlia couldn't hear what they were talking about since she was sitting down two rows in front with Becca and Elle. Dahlia smiled at Elle; she was shy and a bit more reserved; Elle gave her a small smile back.

"Did Cassandra text you too?" Jessica walked in wearing a long green dress. "Was there a dress code we didn't know about?" Becca joked, looking up from her magazine." "I spent 700 bucks in this," Jessica said, "and it's not like I'm going to be wearing it to prom," she responded, sitting down next to Helena.

After a few more minutes Cassandra and Allie entered the church. The girls gather around at the front of the church, sitting down on the floor.

"Boys we thought we knew destroyed those stores last night. And if we don't do something, male testosterone is going to be the end of us," Cassandra said to the group of girls. "Is that why it's just girls here?" Helena asked, and Cassandra nodded.

"Right now, it's just pillage, but how long until someone's raped walking home one night and no one gives a shit because that's just how it is?"

Dahlia didn't think of that before, and it was scary to just think that she didn't want something like that to happen to Debby or any girl in the group. 

"Okay, I'm sorry no one wanted to date you in high school, Cassandra, but this war on men feels a little extra," Gwen said, causing Dahlia to roll her eyes and mumble 'bitch.'

Cassandra ignored her and continued, "Everything that kept us safe is gone; there isn't anyone to say no. And when you stop hearing no, you begin to think you can do anything; women aren't safe in a world that's run by brute force and stupidity."

Dahlia nodded; Cassandra was right, "If we want peace, we need order. And to get order, we need to exert our power."

One by one, the girls began to nod, agreeing with what Cassandra was saying.

﹊﹊﹊

"Prom is approaching," Debby said, standing by Dahlia's bedroom door.

"Prom?"

"Yeah, just got a text; we are still having prom isn't exciting," she said happily.

"Yeah, sure, exciting," Dahlia said with zero enthusiasm.

"Dahlia come on, don't be a party pooper," Debby said, plopping down on Dahlia's bed. "Get out, and besides, I wasn't going to go to prom back home, and I'm not planning on going now," she said with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Like I said, party pooper." Dahlia threw her shirt at her, hitting her in the face.

"Watch it," Debby said, sitting up, "Maybe you would change your mind if you go with Harry," Debby said as she played with the shirt Dahlia had just hit her with. "W-what why would you say, Harry?'' Dahlia said, sitting down next to her sister on her bed. "I saw you two in your room the other day," Debby smirked.

"I told you he brought me home because fucking Jason hurt me."

That was all it was, nothing more, Dahlia was sure of it.