0:13

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʀʀᴇꜱᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴅᴇᴡᴇʏ
﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊

Harry told Gordie what Dewey had said to him with Dahlia near him. He didn't use the same words he had told her earlier that day. He told Gordie to look in Dewey's room. Dahlia thought he could have been a bit more specific or shared with him what he had told her, but it was something.

They were walking back to her house. As they walked, their shoulders would sometimes brush each other, but they were both in deep thought to notice.

Dahlia felt in an odd place her best friend was dead, and the person she once considered her best friend told her who was the killer was. She didn't understand why he was the one to know.

Why did Dewey confess to him?

She had seen enough shows to know that some killers like the attention they wanted people to know what they had done; they felt powerful. Maybe that was Dewey; he felt by telling Harry someone 'popular' would make him feel popular as well.

Back in high school, Dewey wasn't popular or well known around school, he was a nobody.

But now, with this, everyone was going to know his name, who he is, and what he had done.

Harry was getting anxious he needed more drugs from Campbell; he was running out. He didn't want to be dependent on them, but it seemed that it might be too late for that.

Harry gave Dahlia a quick glance, she was looking ahead, but she looked like she was zoned out. Her thoughts were somewhere else.

He couldn't blame her; she found out who killed Cassandra. So far, she had reacted well to the news she had been in a bad place mentally after Cassandra's death. He hoped that wouldn't happen again.

"I have to go" he stopped walking with his hand on the back of his neck.

It took her a second to register his words, and she stopped as well; she looked at him as he said, "I have to go, and Uh" he rubbed the back of his neck.

He needed the pills, but he wasn't going to tell her that.

"It's fine. You don't have to explain anything to me," she said with a smile.

He let out a sigh of relief and tried to give her his most genuine smile, "I'll see you around," he said.

"Yes," she nodded, "whatever you need, you know where to find me," she said as she took a few steps back.

When he nodded at her, she turned and continued to walk to her house.

Dahlia had cried silently that night; every emotion was hitting her at once.

She was happy to know the one who was responsible.

She was mad at Dewey for taking her best friend from her.

She was sad because once again, she remembered that Cassandra was no longer alive.

She wanted him to pay for what he had done.

﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊

The news of Dewey getting arrested went around rather quickly. No one knew exactly what happened, which made the perfect time for people to start talking and making up rumors.

Not too long after Dewey was detained, Allie called for a meeting. People started to talk about how the meeting was going to be about Dewey.

She heard Becca say how she heard someone say that the guard had pulled Dewey out of the house butt naked.

Dahlia was glad she didn't see any of that, she didn't know how true that was, but she had heard similar stories; one of them must be true.

"Hey, everyone. I'll just keep it brief. I just wanna....give you an update on everything," Allie said, pacing around.

She took a deep breath, "Everything that's happened. There was an arrest this morning." People started to murmur around Dahlia. "Greg Dewey" Some gasped, others said what some were shocked.

Debby turned to look at her sister. She would think that she would be as shocked as her to find out about the news, but she didn't seem surprised at all.

She turned her head back to the front as Allie continued, "We're keeping him in an undisclosed location until we figure out what happened, you know if there was anyone else involved" Allie explained, "We're taking care of him. Making sure he has everything he needs. Cassandra...I know she would've wanted that" Allie exhaled and nodded, looking around.

﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊

"You knew about it, didn't you," Debby said, closing Dahlia's bedroom door behind her after they had arrived home after the meeting.

"About," Dahlia questioned.

"About that guy what he did. You weren't surprised you don't even seem hurt," she asked, taking a step closer. "People were talking about it," she shrugged.

"No, you didn't just hear it from some people, Dahlia. We are talking about Cassandra," Debby said firmly.

Dahlia closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She had cried that night when Harry had told her.

She didn't know if she could tell Debby about what Harry had told her; only a handful of people knew the others just had clues and theories.

"I have cried a lot about her death; you can't tell me that I don't feel hurt" she placed her index finger to her heart, trying to hold back tears. "I miss her, and I'm happy that they caught Dewey. He won't hurt anyone else."

Debby was quiet for a few seconds "close the door when you leave," Dahlia said and walked to her closet. The conversation ended there.

Debby left the room hurt that her sister didn't share something like that with her.

They were all they had.

﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊