0:14

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀɪᴀʟ
﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊

It was the day of Dewey's trial.

Helena was going to ask her the questions in defense of Dewey. While Gordie was the prosecutor and Allie was the judge.

Allie had asked Dahlia to speak on the stand. Since Harry had told her about Dewey's confession, she had to give a statement.

"Okay, let's start," Allie said, wearing a black dress. The microphone screeched, gathering the attention of everyone.

It was the first time that the church was full. She looked at everyone in the room, and after a long pause, she said, "Hello," she sighed and straighten up.

"This is the trial of Greg Dewey, who is accused of the murder of Cassandra Pressman, the night of June twenty-third. Gordie will be the prosecutor. Helena is defending Dewey" she looked at Helena, who looked like she didn't want to be sitting down next to the killer. "And you guys have to listen to everything carefully, and at the end of the trial, you'll decide if he's guilty or not," Allie said, looking at the jury who were on the side, a girl that was looking at Allie nodded.

"Everyone got it?" Allie asked, looking ahead.

Gordie got up and walked near the jury, "Those were found near Cassandra's body on the morning after she died. I found them," he said, handing the casings of the bullets that killed Cassandra.

"They're the two casings to the two bullets that killed her. Not the actual bullets. You know, the casings get ejected after each bullet is fired. The casings remain intact," he explained.

"If you notice, they have a head-stamp, which indicates that they were made by a particular manufacturer. It's a company called Precision Target. I mean, they have 'PT' on each of them." He walked to the table and said, "Now, this is the gun that was found when the Guard raided Dewey's house" he brought the small shoebox to the jury with the killer weapon inside.

"Now, two bullets are missing from the clip, and the bullets that remain have a visible head-stamp, 'PT.' They match exactly the bullets that killed Cassandra."

The jury examined the weapon carefully.

"This is bullshit," Dewey yelled. Helena told him to calm down.

"I have some questions." Helena got up from her chair and approached Gordie hesitantly.

"Does this prove that Dewey's gun is the gun that shot Cassandra?" She looked at Gordie with a straight face.

"Do you mean, is it possible that even though no other gun we found, not one, had the exact same two bullets missing? And even though Dewey's is missing exactly two and had fresh powder residue in the chamber? I mean, is this some sort of incredible coincidence?"

"Yeah, that's what I mean," Helena said.

Gordie nodded, and Helena questioned how they didn't search every house and how they could be hiding the gun. Gordie responded by saying that it would be a big coincidence since the bullets are rare from a small manufacturer.

Helena nodded, feeling content with the answer, and took a step closer to Dewey and pointed at him, "Another thing, Dewey has bruises all over him."