0:21

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ
ᴛʜᴀɴᴋꜱɢɪᴠɪɴɢ ᴀᴛ ɴᴇᴡ ʜᴀᴍ

﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊

Dahlia arrived at her house; she was quiet. She decorated the rest of the cupcakes silently.

Debby got out of her room with a bright smile on her face. "Those look good, Dahlia," Debby said excitedly. Dahlia mumbled a quick thank you.

"Liv, these are the cupcakes that I was talking about. My grandma used to make them, but now Dahlia makes them. I don't think they will be as good, though," Debby said playfully.

"I think they will be really good," Olivia responded, seeing Dahlia's face. She could sense that something was off with the oldest Jenkins girl.

Debby, on the other hand, didn't see anything weird. "Let's go and see the boys play football," Debby said, throwing her arms up in the air.

"I don't feel good. I might stay here for a little while," Dahlia said, avoiding eye contact with her younger sister.

"Nonsense, you're coming, and you're going to like it." Debby pulled on Dahlia's hand.

﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊

"Okay, so, the final score is Luke's Roman's, thirty- six...Clark's guards, forty-two!" Allie exclaimed, and everyone clapped and cheered.

"Yeah!" Clark cheered. "That's right! Everybody loves my big D!" He said and laughed.

The boys had their football game. Dahlia was miserable in the beginning; by the end, she was freezing, but she had forgotten a little about what happened earlier that day.

It was nighttime, and everyone was gathered around the gazebo.

Allie was going to have Gordie give an announcement before they could go inside and eat.

"Okay, so as you all know we've been working hard to find out four essential things. Where we are, how we got here, why we're here, and how to get back." Gordie began.

"Uh, in terms of the first question, there have been two hypotheses. The first one is this is earth, and everything else is gone, or earth exists, and we're someplace else." He said, and people mumbled among themselves.

In the beginning, that was also one of Dahlia's theories.

"So, today, I think we have an answer." Gordie finished.

"If you remember ten days after what happened there was a solar eclipse. At the time, we told you it was a scheduled astronomical event. But after looking at some almanacs, we realized we were wrong." Bean said, standing next to Gordie.

"The next total solar eclipse in North America isn't until 2024." Many of the teenagers gathered around were confused about this, not understanding what it meant.

"So we've traveled forward in time?" Lexie asked.

"Uh, that's what I thought at first, but I don't think so now," Gordie replied.

"Um, if you look up, you'll see Orion's Belt and the Big Dipper, all the things you're supposed to see in the sky over the Northern Hemisphere. But if you step up and take a peek at my old Celestron astromaster, you'll see the star Beetlejuice. Except Beetlejuice isn't where it's supposed to be, it's a few degrees off," he explained.

Lexie, Debby, and a few other people made their way over to look into Gordie's telescope.

"And if you look closer, you'll notice that there are no moving objects between us and the moon. Which means somehow all of our satellites have disappeared," Gordie continued getting a few weird looks from the people.