34

9:45 AM - RICHARDSON OBGYNBATON ROUGE, LOUSIANA

BATON ROUGE, LOUSIANA

"Alright," The doctor walked back in with a folder, a smile on her face

"Alright," The doctor walked back in with a folder, a smile on her face. Kaizier was standing beside Alyssa, his hand on her stomach as he rubbed soothingly.

"You are in fact pregnant. Actually, you're about a month and a half pregnant. Congratulations. I'm gonna put you on prenatal pills, and you can actually pick them up at the front desk, and make your next appointment."

Alyssa smiled, Kaizier kissing her forehead.

"When can we find out dat gender and stuff?"

"Well," Doctor Ashly smiled, "You can find out the gender as early as 11 weeks. But, I'd rather you guys come back at 14 to 18 weeks. You're around 8 weeks, so about 6 to 10 more weeks."

Kaizier rolled his eyes because that felt like that was too long. He wanted her to hurry up and get fat already, and waddle around. Her stomach was hardening, and she had a small little pouch, but she wasn't showing at all yet.

"Thank you, Dr. Ashly." Alyssa smiled and the doctor smiled and made her way from out the office.

Kaizier helped Alyssa down from the high table. He pulled her dress down before kissing her lips, smiling softly. "Ma baby havin' ma baby."

"You so corny." She laughed, wrapping her arms around his neck. "Did you call the realtor? We gon' be out all damn day."

"Yuh, she waiting fa us at the first location. We spose to be meeting her right after this."

They made their way from out of the office, hand in hand. She stopped at the front desk, greeting the woman sweetly.

"Hi. I wanna set my next appointment for 14 weeks from now."

The receptionist nodded, clicking on her computer. "Alright, so I have a June 11 at 2:45, June 12 at 4:20, and June 13 at 10:35."

Kaizier looked at Alyssa who looked at him. "Whatchu wanna do, mama? I'm on yo time."

"Let's do June 11 at 2:45."

The lady nodded and they waited for her to set the appointment. Soon, a printer was being heard and she printed off two reminder tickets. She then stood up, made her way to the cabinets, and took out three bottles of prenatal pills.