Dylan's house

I opened my eyes, instantly feeling the my hangover press heavily on my head.

I groaned and rolled over, hearing a knock on the door.
"Leave." I called in response, but my door opened and Cole walked in.

I sat up, looking over at him, and he sat down on the end of my bed, handing me a plate of toast.
"Thanks." I mumbled, taking it and starting to eat. I thought about the last time Cole woke me up while I was hungover, after new years when Dylan had come looking for me. I sighed, picking up my phone.

Nothing from Dylan, just a couple texts from that Joe guy I met last night.
"You good Cat?" Cole asked, handing me a cup of water.
"I'm sick of feeling upset over Dylan and Arianne."
"Girl, IM sick of you feeling upset over Dylan and Arianne." Cole agreed, jokingly. "You really need to get with someone else you know?"

"Ugh, I know." I groaned, getting up and throwing on a hoodie. "But nobody else is interesting or.. funny.. or cute like he is. Nobody else gets me like he does."

"Of course they do, you're just not looking!" Cole argued, getting up and following me as I walked into the bathroom. "You're just a hopeless romantic. You need to get over it Cat..."

I brushed my teeth and started tying up my hair, whilst Cole leaned against the bathroom counter next to me.
"I know, but I just don't feel ready to move on. It seriously feels like Dylan is my person, you know? He's just the right amount of nerdy, but cool, and smart and just..." I trailed off, smiling a bit.

"Don't you care about moral integrity?" Cole asked me, following me as I walked back to my room and pulled some jeans over the boxers i'd been sleeping in. Coke kept talking at me. "He's TAKEN, you know, how would you feel if someone tried to ruin your relationship?"

I frowned at him, sitting on my bed and starting to put on my trainers. "I don't know, maybe it would make me question why the other person thinks they're so compatible with my boyfriend. Maybe i'd reassess my relationship!"
"That's not how it works." he insisted, sitting down next to me.
"Cole, why are you even arguing with me right now about this? It's not like I have a chance anyway."

Cole started to say something else, but I got up, grabbed my bag and walked out the door, down the stairs and outside.
The air was cold and it helped my headache a little, the ground was a little bit frosty.

I put my hands in my pockets and started walking down the street. I guess I could go to the shop and buy some food to stuff myself with. That always helps a hangover.

After I walked around the local store grabbing a bunch of junk food, I walked back out into the street and started to head back home.

My phone started buzzing in my bag, and I got it out and looked at who was calling.

Arianne.

Oh for fucks sake, is she gonna give me another passive aggressive speech about staying away from Dylan?
I answered the call. "What's up?" I asked flatly.

"Cat! Me and Dylan are going to the diner tonight, and were wondering if you and Joe wanted to go on a double date?"

I visibly cringed at the idea of that. "Oh I don't think i'm gonna see Joe again and-"
"He stayed over with me and Dylan last night and really wants to see you again!" Arianne said, interrupting me. "So see you at 6 at the diner?"

I saw Dylan on the other side of the street, and I hung up on Arianne. "DYLAN!" I called, and he turned around, smiling and waving when he saw it was me.

I ran across the street without looking, making a car slow down infront of me and beep his horn. I ignored it and ran up to Dylan.
"Hi Cat." He said, pulling me into a hug, and I staying hugging him back tightly for a second after he let me go. "I didn't see you when you left last night." He said.