This is the most sleep they've gotten in days, if you wake them I will kill you

The second I get inside, I go straight to bed. I pick up my book and sit in the silence, reading, when I feel the mattress dip down a bit and I don't even have to look up to know who's there. A smile creeps onto my face as Theo gets comfortable under the covers and burrows his face into the pillow

"Tired?" I question. When he hums in response I put down my book and look down at him lying peacefully. I move over towards him and lay down a little. He moves over and lays his head on my shoulder and puts his strong arm across me, holding me in a gentle, yet iron strong embrace.

I notice his breath evening out and know he's asleep. I gently rub his back and he tightens his grip a little, I haven't seen him like this in so long. So calm, peaceful, and real.

I pick up my book again and continue reading.

With one hand, I'm rubbing small circles on Theo's back, occasionally turning the page of my book, while the other holds it. I can feel his breath against my shoulder, the light snores that he makes, and can see his mouth hanging open a little.

Maybe an hour and a half has passed when I hear a familiar click and look up to see Asher standing in the doorway with his arms crossed and a confused look on his face as he points between me and Matheo.

"General needs you two downstairs in an hour." he says a little loud for my liking.

"He hasn't gotten this much sleep in days, if you wake him I will kill you. Tell the general that we are not coming." I say sternly but make sure not to wake Theo. Asher looked at me and shifted his weight from one foot to the other.

"You know you have to go." he says, a little quieter this time.

"I don't care what he says, we're staying here and that's that."

Theo shifted a bit and burrowed his face into my shoulder, and I continued to rub gentle circles on his back.

"Well if General gets mad then it's your fault." Asher says while staring me down.

"And I will take that, now leave if you know what's best for you." I say, in my most threatening tone I can muster, without waking Theo.

Asher backs out of the room, closing the door behind him with a small bang. Enough to wake Theo. he shifts under the covers and looks up at me. I swear I am going to kill Asher.

"Shh it's ok go back to sleep." I say quietly as I push his head back down onto my shoulder. He complies and strengthens his grip on me, as if to keep me from going anywhere.

"I'm not going anywhere, you're fine." I say. He hums in response and nuzzles his head into my shoulder.

Soon enough I was getting tired so I put my book down and nestled into the blankets, laying close to Theo in his warmth.

"I love you." I said to his sleeping form, when he didn't say anything back, I sighed and closed my eyes. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and pulled myself close, finally falling asleep.

A/N: Thanks to everyone who is reading this. If you have any tropes you want to see in this book then please give some recommendations