1k Special - Chapter 2

The next morning I have a foot on my shoulder, a head on my arm, and a hand on my face. I carefully wriggle out of the mess of limbs and pad my way to the closet to pick my outfit for the day. I pick out a simple dark green sleeveless jumpsuit and some dark green heels to match. After strapping on my twin daggers, I walk back to my bed to wake the boys for their classes. I don't want them to have to deal with mother and father when they're angry, plus they need to eat breakfast.

"Ok, all of you get up if you don't want me to eat all your food! And don't doubt me, I will do it." I dramatically call out to them as I yank back the blanket off them and throw it onto the floor.

"Hey! I was comfortable," Elijah groans as he buries his face into the pillow.

"I know, but you need to get up. You know mother and father don't like it when you sleep in," I say in response.

I hear a chorus of four groans as they all roll out of bed, rub the sleep out of their eyes and walk towards the door. I heard them all out and shut the door behind them quietly. I walk to my bathroom and grab some of my cosmetics to fully prepare for the day.

About 20 minutes later I stroll out of my bedroom, towards the great hall and sit down at my usual spot. I am presented with a tray with bacon, eggs, and fried potatoes on it. The smell is so glorious that I immediately dig in and finish it in record time, wiping my mouth and leaning back in my chair when I'm done.

"You are a princess, sit up straight and act like one," my mother hisses to me with a scowl on her face.

"Yes, I'm a princess, and nothing more than that. Liam is the one who gets the throne, not me. So I see no reason to act like I'm going to rule the world when I'm not," I retort, looking her straight in the eyes and planting my feet on the ground, ready to get up and leave at any moment.

"You will be a queen one day, when you marry a prince," she orders.

"You know damn well that I am not going to marry some random prince, no matter how much money he can give you. My love life is none of your business and not for you to decide on," I pretty much scream before shoving the chair back with all my force, surprised that it doesn't fall onto the ground and walk right out the grand doors of the hall.

I hear shouting coming from the hall but ignore it as I storm to nowhere in particular. I find myself walking down to the basement stairs of the palace, glaring at the guards so they let me down.

Once I realize where I am, I start paying more attention to where I was going. I carefully descend the stairs, keeping my hand on a wall at all times so I don't trip in the dim light.

Minutes later, I find myself in one of the deepest dungeons of the palace. I grab a torch from the wall and walk into the hidden depths of the palace.

I see light coming from a crack in the wall and decide to investigate. As I'm getting closer I can see the crack is a thick wooden door, when I say thick I mean can't-break-through-it thick. I try twisting the door knob and surprisingly it turns. The door opens into a room without so much as a squeak, but what I see inside the room was what really shocks me.

The floor is a solid smooth stone, the walls are made of the same material, and there's a structure that looks like some kind of dog, or wolf. I step in, holding my torch in front of me and moving it around the room so I can see around. The first thing that catches my eye is the writing on the wall, it looks as if it was carved into the stone. I slowly walk towards it, watching exactly where I step to make sure there aren't any traps rigged anywhere for me to step on and potentially kill myself on. The carvings are in an ancient looking handwriting that I could barely read.