1k Special - Chapter 6

There is a man there that looks exactly like Reagan. I immediately know that this is Reagan's father, and that he's here to keep us from getting the stone.

"Well, look who finally came running back to good old dad, good to see you son." Reagan's dad says, in a sarcastic tone.

Reagan grabs my hand tighter, and I can feel the nerves in his grip. "You have no right to call me that, you abandoned me a decade ago and left me with nothing."

"And you survived perfectly fine I see, so why don't you come back home, see your family with me, we can live the sort of happy ending you see in books." I can hear the fake sweetness in his voice, it makes me sick.

"Never. You took everything from me."

Reagan's dad grabs two long swords from his back, holding them at a ready position. "Then let's settle this the hard way. If you don't come home with me, you don't leave this place. And you can take your little friend here with you, unless I kill her first."

And with that, he's lunging at me, swords out, ready to kill me on site. I grab my daggers with record speed, and parry his attack as fast as I can. He hits my blades with full force, causing me to stumble backwards.

I realize how close he is, and using my front foot, I kick him backwards with as much force as I can. He falls to the ground and drops his blades, stunned for a minute. I lunge down at him and put my knee on his chest, holding my dagger to his neck and pressing it down so he can feel the lovely sharp edge I had sharpened the day before I left for this trip. I drop one dagger and press my hand to his chest, letting it get nice and hot.

I can see the confusion on his face as he registers the pain, "How are you doing that? Stop that!"

I pretend to think about it, look back at Reagan who's smiling at me as he shrugs. I turn back to his dad. "I don't exactly feel like it." I let my hand warm a little more and I can see his clothes smoking. In one swift move, I use one of my daggers and stab him in the shoulder, making it impossible for him to move. I then place both hands on his chest and burn him so much, his shirt dissolves and I can make out 2 hand marks on his skin. I'm about to go in for the kill when Reagan comes beside me.

"Wait." At these words, a hopeful look appears on his dad's face. Reagan goes closer to his father and puts his hand around the hilt of the sword. The hopeful look has disappeared from his dad's face. Reagan slowly pulls out the sword in his fathers shoulder which results in a scream of pain. Before me or his dad can do anything, Reagan plunges the sword into his dad's stomach, turns it, and then goes further right through his heart.

His father screams for the life of him before he goes limp and completely silent. I look over to Reagan and see him shaking in anger and fear. I stand up and hold out my hand for him to take, he pulls himself up and wraps his arms around me, holding me. I wrap my arms around him and we just stand there for a minute.

"We should grab the stone and go before something happens to it." I say.

"We definitely should." He replies, pulling back and grabbing my hand again.

We grab the stone and walk back out of the cave, standing at the entrance while we look back at the map to see where to go back home.

We finally get to the place where I came into this new world from and Reagan turns to face me.

"Well... I guess this is it." He says, a sad look on his face.

"What do you mean?"

"I have nothing to go back to... there's nothing there for me. Might as well stay here."

"That's not true... You have me there. Do you really think I'm going to leave you here?"

"No... well kind of... are you sure I can come back with you?"

"Of course! I wouldn't have been able to survive this place without your help; there's no way I'm leaving you here when there's a chance for you to have a new, better life. Plus... I would miss you."

A smile makes its way onto his face and he wraps me in a bone crushing hug, the kind where you're struggling to breath. He lets go of me, still holding onto my hand as he looks around. "Well let's go, then!" He's practically dragging me now towards the clearing and holding the stone up.

I see purple light coming through the space between his fingers. Soon enough a portal in the exact colour of the stone appears, and through it I can see the familiar stone of the dungeons. I pulled him through and we fell onto the hard cool stone. Were both laying on our backs, staring up at the dark ceiling, breathing heavily. I turned my head to see him looking at me, and I don't know what happened after that except for us laughing for a good 10 minutes on that floor.