Two beds - Ends up together

I lay in bed, staring at the ceiling. I contemplated getting up to get a book but thought against it; I would have to turn on the light and I didn't want to wake anyone. I turned over onto my side and looked out the window at the moon. It was a crescent moon, and because we were staying in the country, the stars were bright against the night sky. I let my mind drift off and it landed on Aaron. I knew he was in the room next to me and I knew he was probably sleeping... but what if he wasn't.

I sat up and pressed my ear against the wall; maybe I could hear some movement if he was awake. I sat there for a bit before I realized how stupid I looked. I took my ear away from the wall and sat up in my bed.

I sat there for a good 5 minutes before deciding: what harm could it do to check? I mean, if he was sleeping I would just leave him and go back to my room and if he wasn't sleeping...

I threw the covers off of me and watched them fall off the bed. I'll fix that when I get back. I walked to the door, but stopped in front of my mirror, making sure I didn't look like a zombie. I attempted to flatten my hair with my hands and I tucked stray hairs behind my ears. Satisfied with how I looked, I kept walking to the door. I placed my hand on the doorknob but paused before opening it. I shouldn't do this. No. 

I sighed and slowly walked back to my bed. I got the covers off the floor and put them on my bed, the sheet sideways and the duvet diagonal on the bed.

I lay there for a bit and then threw the covers off of me and onto the floor, yet again.

This happened a total of 2 more times.

Once I was back in bed on the second of the 2 times I stared at the ceiling, sure I had woken up at least someone with all the back-and-forth movement.

"Oh screw it." I whispered. I flung the covers off of me, making sure they were far enough away from the bed so that if I changed my mind, I would have more work to do when I got back. I kept that in the back of my mind while I went to the door. I placed my hand on the doorknob and opened the door.

You could guess how shocked I was to see Aaron standing in my doorway.

He walked towards me and gave me a little kiss on the lips. He then brushed past me and into my room. I stared at the wall outside my room in shock before whipping my head around towards my bedroom. Inside, I saw Aaron making my bed with the sheets I had thrown onto the floor.

I slowly walked towards my bed and stopped a bit in front of it to let him finish.

"What did you do to get them that far away from your bed?" He whispered with a chuckle.

"It's been a long night. What are you doing up?" I whispered, taking a seat beside him on the end of the freshly made bed.

"Probably the same as you." Aaron said in a soft voice, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear and giving me a smile.

I smiled a bit and flopped down on the bed. Aaron imitated my flop very aggressively and I started laughing.

"Stop it! They're going to hear us!" I said, still laughing.

"Ok ok." Aaron pulled me towards him and I snuggled into his shoulder. He put his arm around me and stroked my hair.

"I love you, Aaron." I whispered into his shoulder.

"And I love you. Now go to sleep." He said, kissing my hair.

I smiled and closed my eyes. I took a deep breath; I had never felt so safe in someone's arms. Every once in a while I could feel him stroking my arm or kissing my hair. After a while I had fallen into the best sleep I have had in a very long time.