Chapter Two

Loud banging rang through the prison, making both of them stop to stare in its direction.

"Look, I'm really sorry but we have to get out of here now, we'll have time to talk about this later." Ban grabbed her hand and pulled her gently from the room. They both looked down the hall, seeing a Holy Knight standing in the center of it. "Yo, Holy Knight Jude." Ban said casually. Aurora, however, had a look of pure terror spread across her face and she started to slowly back up. Ban noticed her reaction and it confused him. The Aurora he knew would never be afraid of someone like this, and if she was, she wouldn't dare show it. Maybe she really did forget who she was.

"You're going to kill me? Why do it now?" Aurora's blue eyes widened. She didn't know how he could be so casual about someone wanting to kill him. She felt like she was more scared of his death than he was. While she hated to admit it, she needed him if she wanted to get out of here. She had no idea who she was or where she was but he seemed to have the answers to both. She was scared to put her faith in a person she just met moments ago but she felt like it really was the only solution.

"We have no more use for either of you. You were simply bait for the Sins' Captain, and you've already fulfilled your role." She took a deep breath. She was going to be killed without knowing anything about herself or the life she's lived thus far. "It really is too bad you're going to die without your memories, Aurora. Your death would be so much sweeter if I was able to watch you suffer watching this sin's death first. Oh well, we all must make sacrifices I suppose."

"What did you do to her?" The Knight ignored the question.

"My knights should be finishing up with your two fellow sins right about now. Once I've killed the two of you, there will be five less criminals in this world." The knight's words stabbed into her heart. Was she really just a criminal? She didn't know what she expected but the reality painted before her was becoming less and less as she expected her life to be.

"I hope your dream comes true." Ban said while laughing.

"Five years ago, who was it that caught and tortured you? Have you forgotten already?" The Holy Knight stabbed Ban in the chest, making Aurora gasp and take a few steps away. She didn't know what she could do. Her body still felt numb and she was doing everything she could do just to remain standing. Ban coughed up blood and simply looked at the knight with an unamused expression. "Is it painful? Didn't I say it already? Fox sin, Ban. You've already fulfilled your role." Aurora stepped forward absentmindedly.

"You can't...You can't kill him. I'm not going to let you." The knight looked at her with pure amusement.

"I can, and I will." The Holy Knight hit her, sending her flying across the hall, hitting a wall, and sliding down it.

"Do you know why I was captured by you five years ago?"

"You say it like you got captured by me on purpose."

"Back then, I wanted to feel pain. I wanted the feeling of pain that could make me feel alive. But I'm already sick of it." Ban took the metal object out of his own chest and started to stab the knight with it. "Since now I know the captain and Aurora are alive, there's no reason for me to stick around this boring place anymore." Aurora's vision became fuzzy and she started coming in and out of consciousness. She noticed there was a puddle of blood next to her that was growing. She reached a shaking hand up to her head and looked at her bloody fingertips. When Aurora looked back up, Ban was right in front of her, kneeling down to her level to look at her head. "You hit it hard but the cut doesn't look too deep. We'll fix it up once we get out of here." Ban offered her a hand up and she accepted it. Once she was on her feet, she felt lightheaded and began to sway. Ban carefully picked her up and the girl was too tired to protest.

She didn't fade back into consciousness until she heard loud talking. She opened her eyes and sat up in the bed she was laying in. She immediately noticed she was on some kind of rooftop. She looked around and realized Ban was yelling at a pig and it was talking back. She rubbed the back of her head, wondering how hard she hit it. A blonde walked over to her and sat at the foot of her bed.

"Hi! I'm Meliodas." He seemed rather friendly and he gave Aurora a warm smile.

"It's nice to meet you, I'm Aurora." She paused for a moment then realized how stupid that was. He probably knew more about her than she did but here she was introducing herself. "I'm guessing you already knew that. I'm sorry." Meliodas laughed quietly.

"Don't worry about it. I'm just happy to see you again. I thought you were...gone." He looked deeply pained by his words. Aurora could tell that he cared for her. She felt bad that she couldn't remember him whatsoever.

"I'm sorry we got separated. I can tell it really upset you."

"Don't worry about it, I'm just happy you're okay."

"So you don't remember anything?" A giant asked from the other side of the wall. Aurora shook her head.

"Nothing about any of you unfortunately."

"So you remember something?"

"I'm not sure. I just remember water. I think I...I think I was drowning in it." Aurora held her head, feeling a headache coming on.

"Don't worry about it! You're okay now!" Meliodas said cheerfully. "Oh, and by the way, the giant is Diane, the pig is Hawk, this is Elizabeth, and the drunk idiot is Ban." Aurora giggled quietly at the last part of the blonde's statement.

"It's nice to meet all of you." Meliodas just smiled with glee. Aurora didn't know how he could do it. If she's known him for as long as Ban made her believe, how could he be so nonchalant in this situation? She knew he cared but it wasn't in an urgent sort of way like the others. Everyone else was hectic and wanted to return her memories immediately but Meliodas was calm and collected. It was as if he knew that was exactly what she needed. Calm. 

~~~

Hi everyone. Thank you so much for reading. I'm going to try to post more on this story (especially because a lot of the chapters are already written and I just have to edit them). I won't have a set schedule for updating this book, but hopefully it's about every two weeks. Also, as I continued writing this story, the chapters got longer so expect that. Thank you again for reading!
~RottenAvacado