Chapter Fourteen

"Oh, what a wonderful day!" Aurora said as she woke up, stretching as she did so. "Ban, wake up or you're going to miss out on today." She quickly jumped out of bed and started getting ready in the bathroom.

"It's six in the morning, go back to sleep." Ban mumbled from the other side of the door. Once she was done getting ready she shook Ban.

"Wake up! You have the whole day ahead of you and you're wasting it by lying in bed."

"Fine, fine, I'm up." Ban stood up.

"What are your plans today?" Ban wanted to test her and see just how carefree she was.

"Oh I'm going to kill Meliodas today or he's going to kill me."

"Have fun!" Aurora said while skipping out of the room. And with that, Ban decided someone accidentally swapped bodies with Aurora.

Everyone but Meliodas started up the hill where the fight was going to take place. Aurora sat impatiently on the steps of the tavern waiting for Cole. Once she finally saw him, she sprinted as fast as she could toward him, wrapping her arms around him once he was close enough.

"I missed you so much." They passionately kissed before Cole pulled away.

"Where is everyone headed?"

"To watch people fight, can we go now?" Aurora asked, pressing her lips to his again.

"I want to go watch them fight, don't you?"

"I guess if you do, I do too." They started up the hill hand in hand. They stayed away from the crowd, but they were close enough to see what was happening. Merlin put Meliodas and Ban in a perfect cube and they started fighting. Aurora wanted Cole's attention but he didn't dare look away from the fight. It was as if he was analyzing everything that was happening. Aurora was getting more and more frustrated as the fight went on. She was only looking at him during the entirety of the fight and he hadn't even realized, or at least chose to ignore it. He promised her he was going to spend all day with her and he wasn't even paying attention to her. Once the fight ended, she started to walk away but Cole caught her hand.

"Where are you going, my love?"

"You didn't pay me any attention that entire time." Aurora pouted, almost like a toddler. "I thought we were going to spend the day together."

"Oh, Aurora. I'm so sorry. How about this, we'll spend the whole whole day together tomorrow. We'll go on a romantic date, just the two of us. What do you say?" A smile spread across her face.

"I can't wait." They walked back to the tavern hand in hand, chatting about their date the next day.

He kissed her again once they arrived then started back towards his house. Aurora watched him for a moment before entering the tavern. Once she did, all eyes were on her and none of them looked happy.

"Aurora, what the hell?" Meliodas yelled as she just stood there. Elizabeth placed a hand on his arm to calm him. "I don't want you seeing this guy anymore. This is ridiculous!"

"Where is this coming from? You haven't even met him!"

"And you met him, what is it, two days ago? I don't want you seeing him anymore."

"You can't do that, Meliodas! I am an adult who can make my own decisions."

"Then you're making the wrong ones! There's something about him that doesn't sit right with me. You saw how he analyzed Ban and I's fight. It was as if he were looking for our weaknesses. And you've only known him a few days, you don't even know him, find a different guy."