Chapter Twenty-One

"Teams of two, right?" Before they could react, they were pulled apart. Aurora squeezed her eyes shut, holding Theodore tightly in her arms, expecting an impact. When she opened her eyes, she was standing on a platform beside Elizabeth. The two simply stared at each other, neither wanting to fight in the festival, but rather indifferent about it. Ban and Meliodas on the other hand, were enraged. You couldn't even make out what they were saying because they were talking over each other.

"Sir Meliodas, do not worry about me! Right now, you need to concentrate on yourself!" Aurora laughed, knowing Meliodas would do nothing of the sort.

"Same applies for you, Ban. We're good over here." Aurora smirked, knowing he would never listen to her and worry anyway.

"So you and Sir Ban finally got together?" Elizabeth asked with a polite smile on her face.

"Yes we did. And knowing Meliodas, you're going to need to help me convince him that it's a good thing."

"Of course, but I think even he saw it coming."

"That's how you know it's bad. He's the most oblivious person I've ever met." One of their opponents tried to attack Elizabeth, but Aurora quickly knocked them back with a burst of magic.

"So who's this little guy?" Elizabeth smiled down at the now-sleeping infant.

"To be honest, all I know about is his name's Theodore, and I think he's my kid now." Aurora laughed a little, not believing the words she was saying.

"That's amazing news! So is Ban going to be his Dad?" She asked the question quietly with a smirk on her face.

"We think Theo's a seer or something because he can show people the future. Apparently Ban saw him growing up."

"So you think so?"

"We'll have to wait and see. All I know right now is he seems to really care about him as well and is really good with him."

"Oh that's great! I'm so happy for you!" Even though Elizabeth didn't have her memories back, it felt like she did, making Aurora's heart warm slightly.

"Don't mind us, feel free to stay there and babble on with your self-serving girl talk..." Smoke filled the air around them. "Kill the infant first. Its mother will be too upset to fight back." He spoke quietly to his brother, but it was loud enough for Aurora to hear. A rage she had never felt filled her being. He had only been her child for a few minutes, but she was already willing to lay down her life to protect him if need be. The only sound that filled the cool air was that of Aurora snapping her fingers. The smoke instantly cleared and the men lay on the ground, screaming in pain.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry! Did you need those to kill Theo and us?" Aurora spoke sarcastically, referring to their severed hands that lay on the ground a few feet from her.

"You're a witch!"

"You wish. I'm something much, much worse." As she spoke, her eyes flickered their dark purple for a moment, making the two assassins scoot as fast as they could away from her.

"Ban, let this serve as a reminder of why you shouldn't piss Aurora off." She heard Meliodas speak, making her smile slightly. He knew better than anyone how destructive she could be if she wanted to be, and yet he never feared her. Even when she feared herself.

"Note taken." Without any sense of warning, the ground opened up beneath the two assassins, sending them plummeting. Elizabeth ran forward, but Aurora grabbed one of her hands before she could get too close.

"Careful Elizabeth." Tears ran down the girl's face. "Here, come sit with me and Theo." The two women sat down on the ground, the redhead holding the baby tightly in her arms. They sat in silence for a few minutes, watching Ban and Meliodas fight. Aurora rolled her eyes at their immaturity. "What do you think they're fighting about?"