Chapter Twenty-Six

"I guess I have to go away for a little bit, Theo." Now that the vision was over, he stopped crying and just rested against Aurora. "But it's all going to be okay. You'll be okay, and maybe we'll see each other again." She ran her fingers gently over his heart, letting white light come from her fingertips. She pulled her hand away and closed her hand, focusing on her magic. When she opened her palm, a sapphire earring lay in her hand. When she put it up against her ear, she could hear Theo's heartbeat. "That way, I'll always know how you are. I'll always know that you're safe." Ban opened the door to the nursery and made his way over to the two.

"Breakfast is ready." He placed gentle kisses on each of their foreheads. Aurora smiled and embraced him with her free arm. He instantly wrapped his arms around her, making her feel a little bit more calm. She discreetly performed the spell from earlier on Ban as well. He pulled away and made his way to the door. "I'll meet you down there."

"Sounds good. We'll be down in a moment." He left the room, leaving Aurora to look down at the two earrings in her palm. "I guess I'm going to take a leap of faith, Theo." She placed the earrings in her pocket and went down to the kitchen, finding Meliodas and Elizabeth already sitting at the counter.

"Merlin wants to meet with us again today."

"Can't even give us a day off? Where does she want to meet us?"

"The tower we were in when we were suspected of killing Zaratras." Aurora furrowed her eyebrows.

"Why would she want us there?"

"I've learned to not question it." Aurora shrugged, placing Theo gently in his high chair. Aurora grabbed a large plate from a cabinet, noticing Ban hadn't yet. She placed it beside him so he had somewhere to put the pancakes he was making.

"Thank you." He pressed a quick kiss to her lips, making her smile.

"Need any help?"

"Actually, yes. Can you watch the pancakes while I set the table?"

"Sure." Once Ban was out of the room, Meliodas sat up taller.

"So, Aurora. Have you decided whether or not you're going on a trip or staying here?" He spoke quietly so Ban couldn't hear. It took Aurora a moment to make sense of what he said.

"I think going away for a little bit would be best for everyone."

"I completely agree." Aurora flipped a few pancakes that were done onto the plate. Elizabeth looked at the two, not understanding what was going on, but was too polite to ask. Theo reached his hand out to the silver-haired girl.

"Oh good! We're being reunited with Diane and King today."

"Really? That's great news!"

"What's great news?" Ban asked entering the room.

"We're going to see Diane and King today!"

"Oh god. You know Diane is going to interrogate us about our relationship."

"If she knows who we are."

"Don't be so pessimistic. King spent this entire time trying to bring back her memory, I'm sure he figured it out."

"I guess you're right. About both things, Diane will most definitely interrogate us."

"You're lucky though! She's just going to ask you questions, she's going to threaten me with death if I hurt you." Aurora laughed at his terrified face.

"That's the case with all of us, sorry Ban. I've known her longer." Meliodas said, making Aurora glare at him.

"Let's go eat before we're late."