Chapter Seventeen

"I'm sorry Mel. I lo-" Aurora barely started her sentence when Meliodas pressed a hand to her mouth, keeping the words from coming out. His eyes were filled with anger but mostly fear.

"Aurora, I know you're scared, I am too. But forgetting everything will help no one. You will still be afraid just of the unknown. You wouldn't be able to protect yourself." Aurora nodded, more tears falling from her eyes.

"Meliodas, I'm going home for a few days. I know right now is the calm before the storm and I want to stay there for a little bit in case I'm not able to return for a while." Meliodas nodded.

"Just don't do anything stupid."

"I won't." Without another word, Aurora started walking towards her house, too afraid to be an easy target in the air. It took her a while, but she finally got there. She was thankful she built another way to get in because she only had one of the lockets. She went over to a broken flower pot and knelt before it. She pulled a knife out of her boot and ran it across her palm, letting the blood fall into the pot. The castle walls rose from the ground making Aurora smile.

Aurora stayed there for a few days. She tried to relax but it felt like the world was crumbling around her. She ignored the countless contacts from Ban, not wanting to speak to him.

"Aurora, you gave me the wrong locket." Her blue eyes widened and her hands shot to the locket, prying it open. Staring back at her was the picture of her family. "I didn't open the papers, but if you don't answer me soon, I will." At first, she was afraid of him opening it. It felt like she was letting him know how much he hurt her. Then she realized he already read one of them and wrote the other. It had no power over her.

Without any warning, Meliodas came running through the castle gates. She was starting to regret telling him how to get in.

"Aurora, we have to go right now. Camelot is being attacked."

"What?"

"I can explain later, but we need to leave right now." He grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the group that was waiting outside the barrier of the house. Without a word, Merlin teleported them back to the tavern and the giant pig began to fly. Once they got to Camelot, Aurora understood everything. This creature was sent from the demons.

"Let's kill a demon."

"No Aurora. I will kill the demon." Meliodas said, not even sparing her a glance. Aurora was about to argue but he cut her off. "We don't know what the demons want, all we know is what they wanted before they were sealed." He now looked at her signaling it was her that they wanted.

Her brain suddenly felt overworked. Like it was fighting itself. She knew her eyes were open and she was able to see but she couldn't register anything. She didn't even know where she was as if she were waking up somewhere else than she fell asleep in.

"Aurora? Are you alright?" Elizabeth asked politely. The redhead nodded without looking at the princess.

"Yes. I...I'm just...I suddenly don't feel so-" Aurora fell into Elizabeth who stumbled slightly but was able to keep her upright.

"Hawk, can you help me get Aurora inside?" The two brought her in and placed her on the small couch. "I hope she's okay."

Aurora felt like she was waking up and hadn't opened her eyes yet. She felt freezing cold. She felt like she couldn't open her eyes, no matter how hard she tried.

"Aren't you tired of losing people, Aurora?" At his voice, her eyes shot open. Before her stood the black-haired demon. "Don't worry, I'm not actually here, just visiting."

"Get out of my mind."

"We haven't even gotten to the reason why I'm here yet."

"Then why are you here?"