Chapter Thirty-Three

"Melascula, why did you ask for us to join you here?" Aurora asked once she landed a few feet away from the demon.

"I've learned that those people you used to call your comrades really care for you. If I want them somewhere, I just need you to be there as well."

"I'm here. Can William leave? He's not relevant."

"This is your engagement party of sorts, I thought it would be fun."

"Fun for you maybe. They aren't going to care about William."

"Just because you don't have emotions doesn't everyone else lost theirs too." Aurora rolled her eyes, lying down on a large rock. "Oh good! They're right outside. I'll send the decoy out so we can trap Meliodas." Of course, the blonde took the bait, flying towards the figure that looked like his brother, and attacked. Debris flew through the air, but Aurora just watched on with a bored expression. All went calm when Dark Cocoon encased Meliodas. Aurora closed her eyes, content with the warm feeling of the sun against her skin. At least she was until William grabbed her wrist pulling her off the rock.

"Don't touch me." Aurora said while removing her wrist from his grasp rather effortlessly.

"You are my fiancè. You don't get to tell me what to do. If I want to touch you, I will."

"Good luck with that." She didn't wait for his response before walking towards Melascula. She could see that all of the people that she once cared about looked at her with sad eyes. But those emotions made them weak. They wouldn't be able to raise a weapon to even defend themselves against her and yet she could slaughter every last one of them without remorse. A tight grasp on her wrist pulled her from her thoughts. William swung her around to face him from the hand on her wrist and once she was facing him, he hit her across the face. Not bracing herself for the impact, she crumpled to the floor.

"Do not disobey me. I have all of the power in this relationship. You are my soon to be wife and you will listen to me."

"I'm sorry." Aurora spoke in a sarcastically weak tone. William didn't seem to catch on that she was faking it.

"All will be forgiven if you don't talk back again."

"No. I'm sorry because of this misunderstanding." Aurora spoke menacingly while rising to her feet.

"And what's that?" He asked boredly. A wicked smirk spread across the redhead's lips.

"That you have the power in this relationship." Aurora didn't move a muscle as she forced his lungs to close using her mind. He immediately began gasping for breath. "Sorry, dear. You don't have even a shred of power. You may have forced me into this engagement, but you're the one trapped in it. You only breathe because I allow it." She let his lungs inflate again before focusing on one of his hearts, clenching it inside his chest. "And those hearts of yours...they only beat because I allow them to. Let this serve as a reminder of that." Using her magic, she forced one of his hearts from his chest causing him to scream out in agony. She summoned a sword from thin air and forced it to stab into the heart. She left him there, on the ground in his own blood holding his punctured heart in his hand, and began walking to Melascula.

"You're a monster!"

"I'm a demon. And honestly, most of it is thanks to you. If you didn't kill me three thousand years ago, I would have died once I grew old. And now, you have to deal with that every day knowing you can't kill me. I'm not a monster, darling, I'm your worst nightmare. And you would do well not to forget it."

"Are you done?" Melascula asked once Aurora stood beside her. She didn't wait for a response. "Isn't it wonderful?" They looked out over the skeletons which just got significantly stronger. "All of Meliodas's negative energy is being transferred to them."