Chapter Five

"So you remember-" Ban started, once he was able to wrap his mind around what happened.

"I'm starting to remember my past, starting with my earliest memories." Ban expected her to be excited about regaining her memories, however, she spoke with a somber tone.

"What's wrong? Aren't you excited to get your memories back?"

"It's nice to remember my family but it hurts to know that they're gone. I remembered them just to learn that I can't have them."

"Are you going to tell everyone else that you're remembering?" The two continued running in the direction of their friends. They were still far away but they could tell they were getting closer.

"I don't think so. I know that they'll be supportive but I don't want to disappoint them that I still don't remember them. Oh and I think it would annoy Meliodas." Ban simply chuckled at her last statement. "Is he always so...I don't know, so demanding?"

"What do you mean demanding?"

"Well when I remembered something, he wanted to know exactly what happened and was annoyed that I wouldn't tell him. I honestly can't imagine us ever being friends. Our personalities don't seem compatible."

"With all due respect, do you even know what your personality is?" Aurora laughed and rolled her eyes. "You're not wrong though. Even before everything that happened, you guys would fight a lot, but you always resolved things. Most of the time, you would do something stupid and he would scold you." Ban laughed. "I know it doesn't seem like it, but he is trying to look out for you. Even if it comes across as demanding, he just wants you to be okay. It's difficult for you because you don't know all of the people that claim to be your friends but it's hard for us as well. We have to build a new relationship with you and almost pretend like the past never happened." Aurora never thought about it that way before. She never thought that maybe the people around her could be just as unsure as she was.

"I didn't even-"

"Aurora, you have to get out of here." Ban cut her off as they both came to a stop, looking at the fight occurring before them.

"But-"

"No. You have to get out of here. You used to know how to fight but you've been in ice for ten years and lost your memories. I'm not going to lose you when we just got you back." Aurora nodded and started to slowly back up.

"Be safe." Aurora turned and started to run away. When she heard explosions behind her, she stopped, wanting to make sure everyone was alright. She hid behind a crystal and poked her head out so she could see what was happening.

"Where is Lady Aurora?" The redhead's blood ran cold. Was this knight going to kill the people who used to be her friends just to get her back? "I know she's with you. We can stop all of the violence if you hand her over." Aurora stepped out from behind the crystal and walked towards the woman. She could feel Meliodas's eyes burning into her as she walked closer to the woman.

"I will go with you if you promise you won't hurt them any further."

"Damn it, Aurora!" Meliodas yelled from the ground, waiting for some of his injuries to heal. Ban chuckled from where he was laying.

"Once a martyr, always a martyr." Ban slowly stood up and cracked his neck. "It's a good thing that we're always here to stop you from being an idiot." Ban and Meliodas raced forward to Aurora. Meliodas got knocked away but Ban was able to grab Aurora and push her away from the Holy Knight just before he was stabbed through the neck. Before Aurora could even react, a large spear embedded itself through Ban's chest. It went through his chest and hit the knight, hitting her away.