Chapter Eighteen

"Aurora! You're okay! I thought we already talked about how I wasn't going to hurt Meliodas?"

"Meliodas is dead." She spoke in a way Ban had never heard before. She sounded so empty yet full of pain at the same time. "I don't know where that came from. Who's Meliodas?" Ban was speechless. Not only was Meliodas dead, but Aurora's memories were gone and she was on the demon's side. This was bad. Very bad.

"Aurora, we'll fix this, I promise." Before Aurora could respond, someone appeared that she had never seen before. He looked an awful lot like the guy with black hair.

"Yo." He spoke. Despite not knowing who he was, he seemed awfully familiar. A part of her felt nervous about the new stranger and another part felt like she was at home.

"Meliodas?" So this was the Meliodas. She thought he was dead, but apparently not.

"Hold it! No one lay a hand on him. He's my prey that I've let get away. I will be the one to finish him." The person in the red armor spoke. It shocked her how all of these people knew this Meliodas character. Without any sort of warning, the two started violently fighting. Aurora simply watched in shock, not sure of what to do or say. The Meliodas person was entirely dominating the fight, making Aurora step forward to try and break it up.

"I don't want to hurt you, but I will if you don't stop right now! You're hurting him!" Meliodas's green eyes widened.

"Aurora. You're alright." His voice was full of shock and his eyes softened the moment they met hers. "Come on, we have to get out of here." He grabbed onto her arm, startling her. Zeldris jumped down wanting to separate them, but Aurora acted first.

"Let go of me!" She let black flames erupt from her hand. They burnt their way up his arm, leaving deep burns. Without another word, he disappeared into nothingness. His sudden departure made Aurora gasp. "Oh my-" She started gasping for air. "Did I...Did I kill him? I swear I didn't mean to, I just didn't want him taking me."

"No, he's alright. He was teleported away. You didn't kill him." This made the redhead let out a loud sigh.

"But I hurt him, I think I really hurt him. I didn't mean to."

"Don't worry about it, okay? How about you go explore and relax a little bit while we come up with a game plan? Sounds good?" Aurora nodded, and started towards the woods, trying to slow her breathing as she did so. Despite everything that had just happened, she couldn't get her mind off of the guy who stole her memories. She didn't know how she was able to speak to him but she didn't really bother questioning it.

"I hurt Meliodas. I think I really hurt him."

"What happened?"

"I burnt him. I didn't mean to, it just happened."

"Oh he's fine then, he'll be completely healed in less than a minute."

"Really?"

"Yeah, he's fine. Wait, I thought you said he was dead?"

"So did I, but he showed up here to attack us. He knows me, doesn't he?"

"Yes."

"When he saw me he just looked so relieved. I feel bad for hurting him."

"He knows you didn't mean it."

"How?"

"Because you're a good person, Aurora."

"What's your name?"

"Ban." He tried to hide the pain in his voice from the fact she just asked him that. She was quiet for a moment. An odd sense of deja vu rushed over her as if she knew him. She knew he was the bad guy in this situation but she still felt a sense of trust toward him.