Chapter Thirty-Two

"What's keeping me here? I could leave and go back to the people I saw as friends and try to find a way to bring back my emotions. I could go off on my own and go on a killing spree hoping that in the end I would be able to feel even a shred of remorse. You have no power over me, so why should I stay?"

"I know you don't have your emotions but, I hope you choose to stay because I need your help to save someone I care very much about. Saying as you abandoned your emotions for the sake of love, I hope that you'll help me for the same reason."

"I'll give you some advice, try and stop loving the person. It's not worth it in the end."

"What would you have said this morning?"

"That love is the only thing that makes life worth living. But love, along with the person I was, is dead. Look where it got me." Without waiting for a response, Aurora went to the opposite wing than William and found a bedroom to call her own. She got into bed, letting sleep take her.

The sound of a child crying filled Aurora's ears. She opened her eyes, noticing she wasn't in the room she fell asleep in, but instead, her room in the Boar's Hat. She stood in the dark corner, unable to make a sound. She walked closer to the child, noticing her feet weren't beneath her, she was entirely invisible. Ban got up from the bed and went over to their son, carefully picking him up and holding him against his chest.

"Shhh. It's alright, Theo. I'm here." Aurora reached out her invisible hand and gently brushed it against the infant's cheek, causing the crying to suddenly stop. He could sense her presence.

"I love you." Aurora said to the infant, pressing a gentle kiss to his head. She looked up to Ban to see how tired he looked. They had only been apart a few hours, but they weighed him down. She stood up on her toes so she could kiss him on the cheek. He looked around the room, unsure of what had happened. He sat down on the bed, shock welling up in him. He probably thought he was crazy. Without thinking, Aurora grabbed a blanket that was folded at the foot of the bed and wrapped it around him and Theo. What she didn't expect to happen was for the blanket to actually move and for Ban to see it too. He pulled the blanket slightly tighter around himself.

"Aurora?" She made a few candles in the room light. "If it's really you, try and write something, because I'm convinced I'm going crazy." She smiled to herself, grabbing a pen off the bedside table and paper, sitting down next to him. She carefully wrote out It's me, Ban. I'm here. His eyes widened, realizing this was happening. "Meliodas! Quick, come up here!" A few seconds later footsteps could be heard running up the stairs and at last, the door slammed open.

"What's wrong?"

"Look." Ban said, pointing at the paper on the bed. Meliodas read it over a few times then looked at Ban with wide eyes. "I don't know how, but I think she's here."

"Aurora, if you're here, what was the name of the parrot we had in Danafor." She carefully wrote, Come on, Mel. You asked that in front of Ban when I first got my memories back so he knows the answer, ask a harder one. They both looked at each other in shock until smiling at last. "She's really here." Meliodas spoke in a whisper.

"How are you here, Aurora? Do you have your emotions back?" She flipped over the piece of paper for more space to write. My body is asleep in Camelot. I'm not sure why, but when I'm unconscious, I have my emotions, but not when I'm awake.

"Has Zeldris tried to kill you yet?" Meliodas asked, fearfully. No, he hasn't. I know I shouldn't, but I trust him. "What?" Meliodas yelled. "Why would you-" Aurora cut him off by scribbling back and forth on the paper loudly to get his attention. There's nothing keeping me there. There's no sword hanging over my head. He gave me the only thing that could kill me. "Then why are you still there?" I want to help him. Also, my emotionless self isn't in a rush to get back.