Rushing into the darkness.

*⚠️WARNING⚠️*
This chapter contains explicit language, not suitable for a more sensitive audience of readers.

------------

I jolt awake, gasping for air, as if I were finally breathing again after a long apnea. Everything around me is black, I'm surrounded in complete darkness.

What has happened?
Where am I?

I realize that I'm sitting on a chair, with my arms locked. I have a very strong headache, throbbing and stabbing.

I feel something warm running down my cheek. I know immediately that it's blood from the strong smell of iron that fills my nostrils. I think I have a pretty deep wound on my forehead.

Suddenly, I regain lucidity and recover from my mental confusion: I remember perfectly what happened before I lost consciousness. The image of the man without a face reappears in my mind, staring at me in the darkness.

Michael is here, he found us.

I have to call the police.

I hear noises, sounds of a struggle. Jessy's screams, the clatter of breaking wood. My fear grows, as disruptive as a fire, with each of her screams.

I have to run to her.
But it's all dark...

Why can't I see anything?

At the same moment that I'm asking, I notice something pressing against my eyes. I'm bent over, my ankles anchored to the chair and my hands tied behind the backrest. I need to break free and rush to help her.

NOW.

First thing's first, I need to regain my sight and get this damn blindfold off. I lower my head to my right shoulder, trying to move it, in a complete state of agitation. It's not overly tight, I should be able to took it off.

Fuck.
I can't reach it.

I throw my head back, gritting my teeth in frustration and exasperation. I feel my blood boil in an unstoppable rage.

Ouch.

I slam the back of my head into the wall. A sudden idea awakened by the adrenaline of the moment pop up in my mind. I start jumping with my body to rotate the chair a hundred and eighty degrees. I make small jumps, slowly, so as not to make noise and not to risk falling with the chair.

After a few seconds, I am finally face to face against the wall. Rubbing my temples and forehead against the wall, I slowly manage to lift the band.

One problem less.

I do the same thing as before, turning back to my original position. This time it's much easier, thanks to the advantage of the view, even though the room is only lit by a dim light.

I hear more noises coming from the room next door. It must be Michael trying to break down the door to Jessy's room.

Fucking Bastard.

If I ever get out of here alive, I'll make you pay for everything... with my own hands.
I'm scared out of my mind, despite the limited chances of making it out alive. I'm not petrified of fear, the adrenaline in my system keeps me sane. Or maybe it's just the survival instinct, pushing me to fight.

I can't give up. I have to fight.

I look down at my feet: they are tied with a rather thick nylon rope. I move my legs to test their resistance: the knot is tight but, all in all, my ankles have a lot of play.