A bubble of happiness.

And without even realizing it immediately, I find my eyes filled with tears, as well as a knot in my throat that prevents me from speaking.

In all my life, I think I have rarely experienced such joy; and it's amazing how a few simple words can make me feel so loved, so indispensable to someone, so alive.

Simple words, but of such a powerful impact that they take my breath away and make my heart race; I'm afraid it might explode at any moment, so much so that it's on fire.

Then, not to mention the intense warmth I feel: it branches from my chest to my stomach, as if I had something uncontrollable inside me. I think it's the desire to abandon myself into his arms, in a weeping of emotion; tears born of overwhelming and irrepressible happiness.

In a moment, I think back to that period he mentioned. It was a short time ago, yet it seems like an eternity past. Surely, it must be because of the anxiety and fear felt, so vehement and disarming, that my mind has unconsciously tried to banish the memory of it.

However, I remember vividly how my every thought at that time was directed to Jake.

I thought of him in everything I did.
And whatever I saw, it reminded me of him.

How badly I missed him, how desperately I wanted to receive a message from him; I was willing to sacrifice everything, just to know that he was safe and sound. I waited so anxiously for his return that a single message would be enough; even receiving only his classic stylized smile, formed by two dots and a parenthesis, was all I needed.

However, what he just said is something extremely poetic and romantic. He managed to move me; to make me melt gently, like under a mild spring sun.

Since he has totally opened up to me, revealing his past, I'm discovering the real Jake; and I realize that I love every side of his personality, even the smallest of the facets. I already knew this, yet I did not expect he could be so much loving, so much caring.

I raise my head suddenly, at the same time as my hand immediately reaches his face; a passionate kiss follows, charged with a myriad of feelings, containing a tornado of emotions. I feel him tremble under my touch, under my lips, in a quiver. He moans softly, probably taken aback by my gesture, before surrendering to it unrestrainedly. He immediately reciprocates with passion, holding me tightly to him; the arm around my shoulders keeps my mouth pressed against his. Our tongues seek and entwine several times, eager for a reciprocal contact. Our lips part from each other, slowly and unwillingly, only to let me utter in a whisper: "That's a beautiful thought, Jake."

With his other hand, he wipes away my tears; he gently rests his thumb under my eyelid to wipe them away in one movement. He smiles fondly at me as he returns to looking at the sky. "It's just the plain and simple truth." He runs his fingers over my face in a caress. He sighs in a shiver, before concluding: "You have no idea how much you fascinated me from the start, making me lose my mind; I couldn't think of anything but you, and when I would be able to write to you again."

"You were my constant thought, from the morning just after I woke up until the night before I fell asleep..." I answer in a huff; emotion prevents me from going any further. I am sure that, if I just kept talking, I would end up in an uncontrollable, sobbing fit. I still manage to add something, namely the two most beautiful words in the world, followed by his name: "I love you, Jake."

"I love you too." He resumes tenderly, caressing me and snapping another kiss on my forehead. "And you can't imagine how much."

We spend a few minutes in each other's arms, cuddling and effusing, simply remaining silent; Lying supine admiring the sky. His fingers caressing my side, in a gentle touch that causes little shivers all down my back.