Skeletons in the closet.

After uttering her comforting words with the purpose of instilling courage in me, Jessy immediately got back on her feet, helping me to do the same. I take a deep breath as i grab her hand, lifting myself up from the ground. Although I feel my legs shaking dangerously, I manage to move a few steps forward, heading for one of the chairs near the table. Jessy is still by my side, her arm wrapped behind my back, supporting me in case I collapse.

I am really lucky to have crossed my path with people like them. We have known each other for such a short time, yet we have established a really deep and genuine friendship, which is rare to find; not everyone gets this privilege, even if they seek it for a lifetime. Having the confidence that we can blindly trust each other is something that is priceless. And of all of them, the relationship I have built with Jessy is the most solid and unbreakable, invaluable.

I sit down on the chair, letting my weight fall on it; I am really exhausted and have no idea how to begin to approach the talk. I swallow thoughtfully, watching as the rest of the group move closer to the table, taking their seats. They all arrange themselves along the opposite side from where I am, so that they can see my face; Except for Jessy, who I see her grab the back of the chair with both hands, to bring it close to me. She immediately places herself to my left, resting her fingers on my forearm, to reassure me. I slide my gaze over each one of them, none excluded.

Thomas and Cleo literally hang on my every word. They stare at me intently, a sad expression etched on their faces, as they wait for the story to begin.

Lilly has her face turned downward, her eyelids half-closed and her lips quivering, as if she is trying to hold back tears. It breaks my heart to see her in this state, and although she is not speaking, I can clearly sense all her suffering.

Dan has an absentminded attitude; he alternates between distractedly fiddling with a ring and drumming his fingers on the wheelchair's armrest; these are all gestures that express nervousness and restlessness.

Last I observe Poke, in the far left and detached from the rest of the group. He looks around puzzled, probably not understanding what is going on. I wonder why he came here too, since he has practically nothing to do with this. Perhaps, being outside the farmhouse with Dan, the police forced him to follow them to the station and provide a testimony.

"Are the others in the hospital?" I ask, noticing only now that we are not all there. Come to think of it, there was an ambulance outside the farmhouse. Moreover, I remember the report made by Alan's subordinate, where he said that some of us needed immediate medical attention. Indeed, he had a point; I don't know which of the three was in worse shape, as each of them suffered very bad injuries and endured severe beatings.

"Yes." It is Cleo who answers the question, following up her statement with a firm nod of her head. "Hannah, Richy, and Phil are at Duskwood Hospital right now. They were put in an ambulance with the paramedics, accompanied by a police car. I believe they have been instructed to keep them under constant surveillance. From what I understand, a police escort will also guard them inside the hospital, standing outside their room twenty-four hours a day..." He looks at me with concern.

Better this way.

Thinking back to what we found out about the nurse named Jason, it cannot be ruled out that there are other accomplices in there, hiding among the wards. Plus, stuck in a hospital bed they would certainly have no way to defend themselves and would be easy prey for an attack.

Alan, I really have no words to thank you for all you are doing for us. You have really thought about everything, haven't you?

Later, I'll be sure to provide him with the name and surname of the nurse, so that we can frame an additional enabler of the organization. Also because, after what Jake discovered by hacking into his profiles, he is a despicable and abject person who deserves jail time without a shadow of a doubt.