•1•

"Ughh Hayden. Hurry the fuck uuuuppp" my friend Kristal said.

"Hold up i can't find the end to the freaking tape." I replied frustrated.

"Hold up, they texted the group chat."

Gaël: Kristal, Hayden where are you guys ?

Connor: they are prolly fucking

Kristal: you know i'm fucking straight wtf are you talking about.
Kristal: she gives good head tho ;)

"Kristal what the fuck they won't stop teasing us. Even though it's false." I whined finally taping the last box.

Kristal came over today to help me pack for college, my mother and father are out of town but they will be here for my departure tomorrow. I'm leaving San Francisco for California. My friend and i were lucky enough to get the pretty close colleges there, we were planning on sharing an apartment. Since we were little we always joked about sticking together and it's amazing that it's all turning out to be true even though the plans we made up were years ago when we were still children who saw nothing bad or difficult in the world.

"You're done ? Let's go. I'm pretty sure they already started eating ice cream without us." She said pouting.

We were heading out to the beach to get ice cream and watch one last sunset before we move. Kristal took her Polaroid camera and headed to her car. While we are driving, let me fill you in about my family, my mother and father are best friends. Not in love, just friends, who didn't use protection in college, twice. I have a little sister, her name is Hailee, she is 16 and a bitch. But that's why i love her. My parents are both married to wonderful husbands, we both love the both of them. My dad is gay and he found out after Hailee was born.

Hailee has been harassing me for the past month about coming with me to California. She failed, as expected.
Tyler the creator was now blasting through the speakers of the car.

ARE WE STILL FRIENDS ?
CAN WE BE FRIENDS
ARE WE STILL FRIENDS ?
I'VE GOT TO KNOW

Kristal and i scream sang the lyrics to the song. We approached the beach and we saw Gaël and Connor on top of his jeep. As soon as they saw us park next to them they jumped down and Gaël slid trough my window to the backseat.

"What's up" she said while we were doing our weird hand check. She is one of the only girl that i met about four years ago that i could get around.

We got out of the car and raced to the ice cream shop on the other side of the road. We got in and ordered our usual for me one chocolate and cookie dough, vegan of course, Gaël ordered her vanilla pecan and mint chocolate chip, Kristal strawberry and brownie fudge and for Connor it was always a Neapolitan ice cream and birthday cake. We paid and got out of the store and we headed to the sandy beach. The sun was starting to set so while Connor was holding my ice cream i was pulling out the blanket out of Kristal's car. I placed on the ground and we all gathered and ate our ice cream. We were about half way done when Gaël stood up saying her feet were asleep from sitting down so we all stood up.

Gaël started chasing me for absolutely no reason so i ran for my life. Connor and Kristal were still there laughing uncontrollably, i was eating while running and i managed to finish my ice cream before she could tackle me to the ground. We got back after i attacked her back and threw in some playful punch for good measure and Connor was pouting as his ice cream was on the ground. Kristal took a photo and handed the ones that she snapped while we were fighting.

"You guys are still sleeping over right ?" I asked  slightly out of breath 

"Yeah of course." Connor replied.

We started packing up as it was getting darker and darker, the sun finding it's way over the horizon. We got in the two cars and headed to my home. The flight tomorrow was at 11 pm at night so i didn't have to worry about them going and dropping their car off.

After a 15 minute drive we arrived at my house. The light was on but i swore it wasn't when we got out. Must have been Hailee. I slowly entered the house but i was attacked by a party popper.

My mom and my dad brought my into a hug and everyone was there, Connor's mother and father, Kristal's mother and father and Gaël's mother as her parents were divorced. Even my parents husbands were here. Hailee then came punching me in the stomach.

"That's because you didn't leave any of your hoodies." She said sassily.

"I guess you haven't checked your closet then." I smirked.

She turned around with wide eyes.

"Yeah. As the best big sister as i am i left you a bunch of my clothes." I said proudly. "But what is all this ?" I asked as we all got in.

"It's your goodbye party. A bad bitch can't leave without one" my dad said. He's pretty young and i'm pretty sure girls in my high school had a crush on him. Too bad for them, and good for me, he's gay.

There was food, cake and even a seafood bar. Yeah my parents were rich rich. But i didn't consider myself being a spoiled kid because i begged them to let me do everything on my own once i was old enough, but i can't say the same for Hailee. The party lasted about a good two hours before everyone went home. Except for my father because it's his house.

Connor, Kristal, Gaël and i went up to my room and we blasted music while we were thinking out loud what our future would look like. Kristal is going to a law school, Connor got promoted to a football scholarship and Gaël and I to an art school.

The past year was a dream to me, i spent time with my family, my friends, i got admitted to one of the best art colleges, moving in with my friends. All that was something that i dreamt of when i was 12. Life could be good, and if it is, i'm so happy my younger self will be able to see it.