•23•

She falls to the ground, i rush out of Billie's arm that was around me. I saw that the game had been stopped so, without hesitation, i run to the court to see my sister crying in pain.

"It hurts" she cries. 

"I know Lily, you're gonna ba okay." I said, myself panicking. I look around, seeing the first aid people. She closes her eyes, and i assume she passed out from the pain. She's put on a stretcher and brought outside to an ambulance that was on standby. My dads came rushing behind us.

"Hayden, get in the back with her. Billie, Leroid and I are taking the car." I nodded tears forming in my eyes. I get in behind the stretcher, and the ambulance makes it's way to the hospital.

During the whole ride, my knees bounce up and down. It seems like forever for the us to arrive to the hospital. She woke up in the middle of the ride and complained about her shoulder and chest area in pain.

The doors of the vehicle flies open and Hailee is brought in examination. While, i, pace back and forth in front of the room. My parents and girlfriend arrive soon after.
Billie quickly walks over and wraps in a hug.

"She's gonna be okay, my love. She's in good hands." She kisses my head. I nod in her chest.

A nurse comes out as we end the action.

"Mr. Clayton." He says looking up at my dad.

"Hailee Clayton has been sent to emergency surgery as she has a pretty serious rotator cuff injury. If she recovers alright, she'll be out of here in two days." We all nod as everyone takes in the information. Billie comfortably runs her hand up and down my arm.

"She should be done in about 40 minutes and she will wake up from her anesthesia in about 30 minutes after her surgery." He nods at my parents and went back in the little room he cane from.

All four of us took seat in the chairs in the hallway, waiting for everything to somehow seem a little less depressing. The endless and dark hallways, the hospital scent, the cries of people who just lost their loved ones. A hospital is a really cold place, where, how much you try to escape reality, you're here for a reason. Wether it's for a you, a loved one, wether it's good, or worse. Everyone in this building feels the same feeling, sometimes, more than others. Fuck it. Some times you don't feeling anything at all.

Since we were going to be here for a while, i decided to just find a comfortable position to pass the time, which consisted of me laying my head on Billie's lap while she absent-mindedly scrolled through her phone. Every now and then, she would glance down at me, making sure i was okay, and smile showing her perfect dimples.

After some minutes past, her phone rang. She excused herself before getting up and walking down the hallway. I watched as she paced back and forth and as she occasionally nodded her head. After about 5 minutes, i saw her hang up and rubbed her face with her two hands. She came back towards us. I like to the side at my dads to see them just shrugging and going back to their previous conversation.

"So uh, ahem." She said sitting down. "Fucking paparazzi knows I'm here so... they're outside waiting for me." She said calmly.

"Well what are you gonna do ?"

"I was thinking for something like Shawn Mendes to kiss Camilla in public so they'll run like little fish. But i don't that's happening today." She said with a pout.

"Ugh. Give me a break." I whined.

"Well. I could break your back... but I don't here's a good place. Keep it together Haylee."

"There it is." I chuckled. "I never should've let you top." I whispered.

"Ooohhhh nooo. I wasn't talking about that. I was thinking about doing a little Andrew Garfield moment. Which, after some thinking would be a good place to break your back."

"Billie shut up!" I said burying my head in her boobs.

"Ooh, kinky." Remaining in my position, i slapped my hand on her mouth. I feel her chest shake from chuckling. After a little while of Billie and i messing around and my parents bring us back in order, we saw a doctor saying that Hailee was ready for visit. He said she will still be asleep for a while but visits are allowed.

We calmly enter the hospital room, my dad didn't seem fazed, not in a bad way, more in a 'I know my strong girl will be okay.' while i was having a hard time keeping it together. I know she's not going anywhere but just thinking about the pain she's going through and the thought of her not being able to play either.

The nurses said that only one of us is allowed in the room, they all decided that i should be the one waiting fir her to wake up.

"Love, I have a meeting I have to get to. But I'll be back after I promise." Billie said coming over and kissing my head.

"It's okay, i assume you're doing online or something, you can just stay home and rest." She nodded and went through the door, but not before giving me a short but meaningful kiss. She and i, both knew that she was coming back so there is no point of fussing over it.

However, Leroid went back to work after my dad convincing him that he will keep him updated. So it's just the two of us, therefore the nurse allowed my dad to stay in the room with me.

I looked up from my phone and saw Hailee stirring out of her sleep.

"Hi Lili." I said calmly to try not to startle her. She slowly looks over to me and smiled a little which faltered after a bit.

"How are you feeling ?" I asked cautiously.

"Better. It doesn't hurt as much as it did." I nodded and she looked over at dad.

"Hi dad."

"Hi Hailee-" right on cue, the doctor enters the room.

"Ah, I see you're awake, we got your results back, so if you don't mind i'll tell you." Hailee nodded her head giving him the go ahead.

"You injured your rotator cuff so we had to perform surgery to put it back in it's place, as of the passing out, it was surely from the pain. It occurs pretty often, so don't have too much of a worry about that."

"How long until I can start playing again ?"

"It depends on your recovery but, I would say around, 3 to 4 month." I saw Hailee's face fall and she sadly nodded at the doctor. He gave us a tight lip smile before getting out of the room.

"Hey, those months will go by faster than you can imagine. Don't worry."

"Yeah. Uh, I just want to be alone right now. If you don't mind."

"Of course honey, take your time, we'll be right outside." My dad said getting up from his chair.

We exited the room and waited for something, anything.

Billie comes back in a perfect timing, just 5 minutes after Hailee requested us out.

"Did they not let you in yet ?" She asked coming over.

"They did, Hailee's just... upset i guess. The doctor said she couldn't play for 3 to 4 months." Billie sighed and nodded.

"Can i go in if you don't mind ?" She asked my dad and i.

"Go ahead." We both said at the same time.