Chapter 64 ❆ Page Full

My agendas for the weekend had filled a page full. I wanted to spend the time in the new house where my mistresses and Eren were currently at, but I also needed to arrange matters concerning the shop as well as the supplies that would be needed to make the products to fill it. This meant I had to drop by Elion and confirm the status of the workers he'd chosen for the shop.

Since it was the nearest and most convenient to do at the moment, I decided to stop by the campsite in the outskirts of the Temple and walked towards the very enthusiastic crowd.

"Evy!"

"Evy!"

"Evy's here!"

"Hello, everyone," I said in the same tongue. I set down the ten boxes of pastries I pre-ordered from the nearby bakery, which should be just about enough for everyone—even leave a few extras—and entrusted it into the hands of the elder to be distributed around.

At some point, the Vertvaldenians had gotten used to my frequent snack drops whenever I came by that they all automatically came forward with enthusiasm.

"What flavor is it this time?" a kid bounced over, asking.

"Strawberry," I said, ruffling the messy hair. My guess was that they were playing around, so they were all messed up and dusty. It reminded me very much of the childhood I had in my past life. Living in the provinces, it meant we often lacked electronic gadgets to pass the time. The best way to wile the hours away were to climb trees and roll around on dirt.

"You know, Evyionne, you really don't have to do this every time," Elion said as he came over with a smile.

"I feel bad if I come empty-handed."

"No one will blame you for it," he told me. "Did you come over just to drop snacks or do you intend for something else along the way?" he asked teasingly.

I flipped a brow his way. "I think the answer to that is pretty obvious."

He ceased his jokes, flashing a big smile, then motioned for me to follow. "Come over, I'll introduce you."

Elion steered into the less crowded space in the camp while everyone busily pored over the snacks.

The jobs I had Elion fill in were mostly manual labor that did not need much communication ability. After all, the Vertvaldenians were still mostly challenged folks when it came to having to speak in the local tongue. Although on-the-job experience should provide them with some avenue to practice, I did not want to put them in uncomfortable situations.

I had already seen the spite that the residents have shown towards their people a couple of times before. I could not imagine what sort of discomfort they would have if they were to encounter unreasonable customers—and not be able to defend themselves simply because they did not know how to.

I needed, however, someone who could help with packaging, someone on handicrafts, someone on the actual products, and someone on inventory. I could pretty much understand the language, so it didn't matter if the records had to be made in another language. Written language did not come as smoothly as spoken one to me, so I still have to struggle a little with that.

The people Elion introduced were all very reliable people, and it seemed they were very skilled in their respective fields too. I feared for a moment that they would be doubtful considering my age, not to mention they were all much older than me. However, contrary to my expectations, there was none of that bias at all. I assumed it was because I was already quite intimately acquainted with everyone, hence they were not too resistant to me becoming their boss.

Seeing as they were very eager and looking forward to the job, I arranged for them to come by the next day to take a look at the shop. I planned on going after training tomorrow, so I gave them the time to meet up. I then pulled out the money I prepared and handed each one their compensation in advance.