Chapter 76 ❆ Busy

Elion paused for a while, perhaps thinking. And while his brain was running, he clipped a couple more calamari and popped them into his mouth. I took advantage of the pause to eat as well.

"They're more active at night, and strongest during the New Moon. We avoid going out during this period. Unfortunately, there are not a lot of spaces to accommodate everyone."

"Safe spaces?"

"That's right. There are safe spaces that are secure even during the new moon or at night. We realized they don't really like staying in places rich with life energy. However, most of the places rich with life energy have been barricaded and reserved for the rich and powerful, and they don't allow unaffiliated people to come and take up space among them. As a result, a majority of my people have fallen prey to the En-diers."

"So you left?" I asked.

"That's right," he said.

I made a mental note of this. I could probably scout some places in Erindal in advance that had rich life energy and barricade them in advance so that the greedy people would not set up camp and isolate others. This way, just in case things got out of hand, we could still provide shelters for the unprivileged.

Buying land like this...especially places rich with life energy...well, that should be expensive, right? My store was just a small store right now, not to mention. I could buy one plot of land at most, and that would be putting me in debt.

Aaagggghh.

I had to hurry up and launch the store. With enough marketing and brainwashing, I should be able to establish the store's status very soon. In desperate need of money. In desperate need.

"What about weapons?" I asked.

"We came upon the conclusion before that life relics should thwart them, but it only serves as an instrument to ward them off. They're not really effective in completely stopping them. In fact, at some point, they develop a tolerance for it."

I paused. If this had been animated, there would be many question marks popping all over above my head.

It was just in time that someone came in to serve the plates. I didn't look up and continued talking.

"Tolerance?"

"Oh...well, stronger En-diers tend to be more tolerant of life energy. They theorize that at some point it becomes useless, but they haven't yet seen an En-dier as strong. They're theorizing Kaliya-level."

"Levels?"

"Sorry to interrupt. Is that the same language as the other night?" someone inquired.

I looked up. It was Kaiser who had come to serve the food.

"Thank you. But why are you doing this sort of work? Aren't you busy?" I asked as I pulled my plate over to my side of the table, passing Maun's over to his.

"It happens to be enjoyable serving food to pleasant customers," he said. "Also, my mother told me to treat you well when you come by, so I'm just following her request."

"Thank you for that. Speaking of your mother, I have a couple of things I want to bring to her this weekend. Would it be alright if I come in sometime during the next weekend?"

I remain

"Oh, feel free."

"Thanks. Do you want to join us?"

"No, thank you. Still some other things to get to, but if you're still up for dessert once you're done, I have something special for you."

"Ooh." I clapped excitedly. "I love good desserts."