f o u r t e e n

c h a p t e r  f o u r t e e n

standing at the balcony, facing the beautiful sunset. a pair of arms around his waist, a chin that placed on his shoulder.

"love?" he called while brushing the man's hair.

"yes, baby?" the other responded.

"do you mind being jake's legal parent?" ten suddenly asked, made the other go quiet.

he really wanted to ask that question but he was scared, because as he remembered, johnny used to hate having a child. but it's already past, johnny already said the reason why he didn't want to have a child. so, why not ask him?

"not now, honey." johnny said, giving him a peck of kisses on his neck. "we will fix our family problems first, okay? it's still complicated."

"hmm, you're right though. everything was still complicated, but are you willing to be his legal parent?" ten asked, the tall male nodded.

"he was now my everything, baby." johnny said, making ten smiles.

johnny can't explain the feeling of having a child, even if jake was just an adopted child and he didn't come from his blood. he treats the child like his own child, he loves him like what father does.

and he was trying to be the best father for jake.

but someone misunderstood it.

"john, have you seen jake?" ten asked worriedly as he came downstairs.

"isn't he in the room?" johnny asked curiously after changing the channel he was watching.

"do i look like i found him if he was there?" he asked and couldn't help himself not to raise his voice. he was worried because it's already past eight in the evening and he can't see the child.

"have you checked the other room?" johnny asked, standing up from the couch and walking around the house, checking each door the first floor had.

"yes, but he's still not there. oh, my god. where he has been..." ten said worriedly, he was already near to cry.

johnny opened the door and he stopped after seeing the small figure sitting silently at the stairs. the kid was hugging the soft toy that johnny gave to him.

"baby, it's already late and cold up here..." and he sat on his side.

"daddy?" and the kid looked up.

"why is my baby sad?" johnny asked worriedly, he even saw jake's teary eyes that made him more worried and nervous.

"daddy, is it true that you don't want to be my legal parent?"

ten who also heard the kid say stopped, he was leaning at the door. he saw johnny coming out from the door so he followed him, turning out that jake was just on the stairs.

"who told you that?" johnny asked.

"i heard you and dada." and he looked down.

"if you really heard us, you won't be like this." johnny said. "fixing the papers to be your legal parents is a long process, baby. and we can't do it by now because daddy and dada have a problem. if we already fix the problem, daddy will start to fix the papers to be your legal parent." he explained.