After a Year

*Leah's P.O.V*

I took in a deep breath as I sat on the bleachers in the ice rink.

Practice was over and any minute the boys would come out of the lockeroom.

I groaned slightly as my knee bounced up and down causing the bleachers to shake. It had been two days sense I promised Wes I would tell Jack, I had yet to tell him and the week was almost up.

What the hell was I even supposed to say?

Oh hey Jack, I'm gonna tell you now, I didn't fuck my coach he just hit and starved me and I was terrified of him.

Easy peesy, right?

WRONG

Boys started to exit the lockeroom, Wes and Leo being one of the first to leave, side by side like usual.

I got off of the bleachers and made my way towards them.

"Hey." Wes said

"Hey, have you seen Jack?" I rushed out, my words being spoken on top of each other.

Wes raised an eyebrow at me but quickly shook his head understanding.

"Yeah he's almost done." Wes said before turning to Leo next to him, "you got everything?"

Leo looked at Wes strangely

"Yeah, why?"

"Good cause you're riding home with me." He said ruffling Leo's hair. "C'mon kid lets go."

The two began to walk out and as they did Wes turning around and mouthed.

"You got this." Before pointing towards the lockeroom where Jack walked out of.

I turned around and looked at Jack.
After a year, I was finally gonna tell him.

"Hey, Jack." I said walking up to him.

He was drenched in sweat, his t-shirt practically attached to him and his hair looked as though he had just gotten out of the shower.

"Elastigirl, what are you still doing here?" He asked

I took a deep sigh and looked at him.

"Can we take a walk?" I asked.

Jack looked at me strangely before nodding his head. He pulled out his keys and opened the front office door throwing his bag and stick in before locking it again.

I swear Jack had keys to every room in the rink.

"Alright, let's take a walk."

We walked in silence around the ice, I was still trying to warm up to the idea of telling someone. Honestly I didn't even mean to tell Wes to begin with it kind of came out of me. Not that I was upset.

Jack guided me up the stairs to the workout area. It was a large balcony the overlooked one of the rinks, it was like a glorified weight room.

I tried to calm my breathing as we reached the balcony, leaning on the railing I looked at the ice below.

The U-6 team was starting practice, their small bodies coming out onto the ice. It reminded me of when I still played hockey, before, well...

"If this is about you dating Wes I already know." Jack said now standing next to me also looking down at the ice.

I looked at him slightly shocked.

"Yes, but that's not it." I said

Jack looked at me slightly confused but stayed silent allowing me to speak.

"Remember when I used to play hockey with you guys." I said laughing slightly watch as one of the boys down below shoot at the net, falling
Over in the process.

"Yeah, you were one hell of a played to... you still are." Jack said chuckling as well watching the little kids.

"And remember when gymnastics made me quit playing?" I said sadly.

Jack nodded his head, his shoes suddenly becoming very interesting to him.

"I told you to quit gymnastics and play hockey with us." He recalled finally looking at me.

"I wish I would have listened to you." I said softly, "it would have saved me from all the hitting, crying, wondering if I was good enough, probably would have saved me from all the diets too."

Jack looked at me with said eyes.

"Jack, I didn't quit because I had a thing with my coach. I quit because my coach abused me, just like he abuses all the other gymnast there."

I paused as I choked back tears, the relief I felt when telling someone- anyone was unreal.

"I wasn't allow water unless I earned it, he hit me, and honestly I was afraid of what would happen if I lost. I didn't want to be state champ, honestly I could care less about the title I was just terrified about what would happen if I didn't win."

Jack looked at me as if everything made sense. I never wanted to celebrate after my wins, he knew that. I never was overly excited about them either, which he never understood till now.

"The day I quit I had an asthma attack, Brad took away my Inhaler said something along the lines of 'you're faking it' or that 'I hadn't earned it yet' . I was in the hospital over night, thats when Leo and my mom found about what was happening. I quit the next day."

The tears that were in my eyes were now rolling down my cheeks.

"Leah..." Jack said looking at me, "why didn't you just quit or tell someone...anyone?"

I shook my head and picked at the nail polish on my nails.

"Contract." I stated plainly, "that and I was so scared and they had convinced me that no one would believe me."

I sniffles slightly, well aware that mascara was all over my face and my nose was all puffy.

"God Jack, I'm so sorry for not telling you all this time. You're like my brother and it wasn't fair. I just didn't know how to tell some one that I was letting them push me around like that."

Jack forcefully grabbed my wrist and pulled me into a tight hug, rest his chin on my head.

"Leah, its ok. I know now, and I'm so sorry for the way I treated you at the party. "

I just shook my head, enjoying the warmth of his arms.

Jack slowly released me.

"Does this mean you're gonna play hockey?" He asked like a excited puppy.

I laughed, wiping some of my tears.

"Maybe."

Words:1042