Chapter 14: Defiance

Niall’s POV

“What the fuck is going on in here?!” A loud voice brought me from my slumber. I jumped as my eyes snapped open and I looked around the room wildly. I felt someone shift next to me and I turned and saw the familiar red hair of Ellie. Then I remembered where I was and what I just let happen.

Shit.

I’m dead.

I had a good life.

Tell the lads and my family I love them.

“Elizabeth!” her father yelled and I turned to face him now to see him staring at us from the doorway. His face was red in anger and his fists were clenched, turning his knuckles white.

Ellie suddenly shot up from beside me, untangling our bodies as she stumbled to her feet.

“D-Dad, calm down, nothing happened.” Ellie stuttered out, clearly flustered at what her father walked in on and what he must have thought. Even though we were completely innocent, we both knew we were fucked.

Damn, that expression really makes this situation a whole lot more uncomfortable.

“Nothing happened?! I told you two separate rooms last night! And then I come in here this morning to apologize to you for the way I had been acing and I find you sleeping in the same bed as the boy I didn’t want here in the first place!” he roared.

Okay, so it sounds worse than it is.

Who am I kidding, this is horrible.

“Mr. Laversi, this is my fault I-” I started, trying to support Ellie, but at a complete loss for what to say. He cut me off anyway.

“You bet this is your fucking fault!” He shouted at me, starting to make his way over to me. I gulped knowing exactly what he wanted to do to me. It was going to be painful to put it simply.

“Dad stop! This isn’t Niall’s fault! I was the one who told him to come in here last night! I was the one who fell asleep before he went back to the guest room. Leave him alone for once!” She shrieked and grabbing me by the wrist and shoving me behind her protectively.

“Ellie, it’s alright, this is-” I started to speak, but was cut off once more.

“Shush. My fault. This is my fault.” She emphasized, silencing me with a glare, telling me to just be quiet. I bit my lip and obeyed.

My head was pounding.

What a wonderful way to start my day.

“You know the rule Elizabeth! No boys in your room at all, never mind sleeping together at night or the fact that he is just a fucking big headed celebrity looking to use you and get in your pants!” He continued to yell, throwing insults at me. I flinched at his last statement.

No.

No way in hell.

I cared about her. A whole lot more than I should. I wanted to protect her. I wanted to hold her and make her laugh and smile. I wanted to be there for her, not hurt her. That was the last thing I wanted.

I wanted to prove that to him.

“Dad! Stop it!” Ellie continued yelling at him in embarrassment and anger. I saw her face was red and her eyes glistened with unshed tears. I really hope she didn’t think any of what her father had just said was true. She can’t think that. I never wanted to hurt her.

It wasn’t my fault I had to exploit our friendship.

I didn’t want to use her. I clenched my jaw at the thought. It sickened me to think that part of what her Dad said was true.