Chapter 25: All You Did Was Save My Life

Ellie’s POV

I smiled at the picture that appeared on the screen of my phone as I scrolled past.

@NiallOfficial: Day off with my lovely girl! What’s everyone else up to? X

Under the tweet was a picture of Niall and I pulling strange faces. Definitely not my most attractive look, but I was most definitely not expecting it to end up all over twitter. I would have wrestled Niall’s phone out of his hand if he wasn’t so fond of the damn picture. It was the first picture of us he was actually posting and I just didn’t understand why it had to be this one, but he insisted, and I knew he would either get my permission to post it, or do it anyway.

So I just rolled my eyes and prayed that no one would be too harsh in the replies.

And from what I’ve seen they haven’t been. Just surprised to see an actual confirmation of Niall having a girlfriend.

As of today it had been a month since I moved out here. I wish I could say that so many things have changed and I got my fairy tale ending, but it was only a month, not a whole lot had changed, and most importantly...

This wasn’t the end.

Really all that had occurred was Niall went back to working on a regular basis, recording in the studio for their next album and preparing for tour and everything (which apparently I was joining them on). Most girls would consider me lucky, and I guess I was, but with my life in the past year, I’m not sure how I’m going to handle constantly moving around with the biggest boyband on the planet.

But I didn’t have much of a choice.

And Niall would be with me so I guess it’s best anyways.

But other than that, I still felt like the same girl I was when I left New Jersey.

I still miss my family. I still have my breakdowns. I still would do anything to get my Dad back. I may have gotten Niall, but I haven’t forgotten everyone else. I will never forget them.

As far as my relationship with Niall, nothing much has changed since we made it official after I got to London. I still love him. I’m not sure if I’m ever going to stop loving him. People were beginning to pick up on the fact that Niall Horan of One Direction had a girlfriend because we never went out of our way to hide it. I knew Niall did not like hiding anything from his fans especially knowing that he was always the one that they would rely on for honesty. So we didn’t hide it. But we never went out of our way to confirm anything either. I was still adjusting, and Niall and the other boys had to get back into the swing of things here at home, so we just went with it. Until now at least. Everyone has seen the picture of us. They’ve heard my name floating around. It’s been confirmed.

And I know I’ve been dragged into a whole new light, but I’m going to try and not let myself care. Nothing is changing. I still love Niall, he still loves me, I live here with him, and that’s how it is.

“Ellie?!” I heard Niall’s voice ring throughout the flat as the front door opened.

“Niall?!” I called back with a smirk on my face. The sound of footsteps drew closer to me and I turned around to see the blonde lad walk into the room.

“Hey love.” He smiled at me walking over and leaning down to place a quick kiss on my lips. “How was your day?”

“You mean the few hours you were at the studio?” I questioned as I locked my phone and leaned back against the couch I was sitting on. “Fine.”

He nodded and sat beside me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

“Hey I was just checking.” He smiled. “Did ya miss me?”