Chapter 1: The Audition

"Come on, Philip! You don't wanna be late for preschool now, do you?" Eliza got out Philip's Velcro shoes. "No I don't wanna go", Pip pouted. Eliza was starting to get stressed. "C'mon Pip you don't want to make mommy late for work, right?"
"I wanna stay with mommy."
"Come on! I heard from Mrs. French that you guys are making necklaces out of macaroni noodles! Now won't that be fun?"
"No!" Eliza sighed at her defiant toddler. "Come on, Pip." She put on his shoes for him.

"No mommy!" Pip shouted and clung to her leg. Eliza smiled shyly at how cute he was being but remembered why she was in such a rush. She picked him up and put his jacket and backpack on him.
"If you behave at school today, you can stay with Nana tomorrow, ok? Does that sound like fun?" Eliza tried. Pip looked up at her and stopped throwing his mini tantrum. "Fun!" He said and cuddled into her shoulder as they left their small New York apartment.

"Hello, Mrs. French. Sorry we are late this morning. Now what are we doing with the necklaces?", she asked as Philip hid behind her leg. "After we tie them onto a string, we will paint and glue glitter onto them!" Pip always loved glitter. "Yay! Mommy go! Go to work! I wanna make some necklaces!" Eliza chuckled a little. "Alright I'm going!"
"Bye, Mommy!" Eliza sighed, victory.

Eliza got back in her car and drove to the studio for her audition. She checked the passenger seat while stopped at a red light and panicked when she realized she forgot all her papers and scripts at home.
"I'm never going to get this part!" She groaned and continued on the way to the large building where auditions were being held. She found a parking spot and ran in. She was already later than she wanted to be.
"Watch where you're going!" She heard someone yell at her. She stopped and turned to see who it was.
Alexander Hamilton. The star of the movie she was auditioning for.

"You again. And of course you're late." Eliza sighed as she remembered about two months ago when she tried to audition for the new Loki movie, Alexander was the lead because Tom Hiddleson was sick. And of course she didn't get a part. That's what brought Alexander to success. "Yes. Me again. And I'm late because I actually have home responsibilities."
"Then where are your papers?", he chuckled. She blushed furiously in embarrassment. "I-I'll see if there are spare papers!", she said in her panicked voice. "Keep dreaming." He walked away and let out a laugh.

Eliza groaned and sat in the lobby, remembering all she could from her scripts. She knew she had most of it memorized since she had been practicing non stop for weeks but nerves got the better of her.
His words. "Keep dreaming" rang in her head over and over again. Was she kidding herself? Did she really think she could actually become famous like him?
"Elizabeth Schuyler?" The director's assistant called. She was taken out of her thoughts and stood up, making her way into the audition room.

"Alright. So why don't we start with the confession scene on page 42? I want it to be an iconic line, so let's start with that!" Yes! Something Eliza remembered. She practiced that scene in front of the mirror every night before she went to bed, about all the scenes really. She cleared her throat. "It's because I fucking love you, Dylan! Why can't you open your eyes?", she gasped dramatically. "Um I don't think 'fucking' is in the script." She blushed bright red. "Oh-" she heard a familiar laugh in the hallway. "Okay now let's jump to page 219!" She turned red. "Oh, sweetie, do you need a script?" She slowly nodded.
"Dylan! Please don't leave me by myself! I can't live without you! Please don't die! Please! We haven't even gotten married yet!" Eliza was surprised when she noticed that she was actually shedding tears, on her knees on the floor. "Perfect!"

"Wait what?" She heard Alexander from the hall. She turned and saw him peering into the room, red with anger. "I will not let her be my co-star!" He shouted at the director. The director just shook her head.
"She's the best we've got. Deal with it or leave." The director said, making Eliza blush. "Thank you, ma'am. I won't disappoint." She said happily and left her information on a card.
Alexander pulled Eliza aside. "What the hell?" He asked and crossed his arms. It was obvious he was fuming. "You don't belong here. You 't don't deserve the role. And I especially do not want to love you." He said.

Eliza did not know what to feel: happy or sad? Excited or mortified? But the big highlight of her day was quitting her McDonald's job, since she was going to be a success. Was she?
"Mommy you look happy!", Pip cooed as she came in to pick him up. "Yes mommy is happy! Oh, what an adorable necklace you're wearing!"
"Thanks! I added so much glitter!" He jumped in her arms.
A new chapter of her life would begin.