Chapter 30: Say No To This

Alexander drove over to John’s house, up the hill. He knocked on the door, and John opened it, Alexander immediately noticing his black eye. “Oh my god! Are you okay?”, he asked. “Eh, I'm fine. Want a drink?” There was a bottle of Tequila on the counter.

"I want to… but I shouldn't." He said and went in. John poured 2 shots anyway and handed him one. Alexander took it and watched his friend take the shot then pour another. "How many have you had so far?" Alexander asked, noticing the broken seal on the counter and the half empty bottle.

“I don’t know… I don’t normally do this… I really thought she loved me! Then she hurt Frances and I!” John buried his head in his hands, before taking another shot. “I’m so sorry, John…”, Alexander whispered, sitting down next to him. John was obviously a bit tipsy, “you’re cute.” He smiled at Alexander, who then blushed.

Alexander drank the shot and put on a movie to distract both John and himself. Of course, they didn't really watch the movie. It took them less than 20 minutes to be all over each other in their now drunken state.

John was in Alexander’s lap, and he smashed his lips against his. Alexander ran his fingers through John’s curly hair, not thinking about what he was doing. He continued to kiss John’s plump lips, and John started to grind on him. He always thought John was cute and kinda hot, which lead him to knowing he was definitely bisexual. Alexander began to grind back.

John groaned and pulled back when he heard the familiar theme song from Veggie Tales. "Is that your ringtone?" He asked Alexander.  Alexander sighed and got up to grab his phone. "Philip loves it and asked me to change it to that." He explained and looked at who was calling.
"Shit- it's Eliza." He swore under his breath and hit the decline button.
"Now, where were we?" John smirked and put his arms around the shorter man.

Alexander smiled and John pulled him into his lap, and they were both grinding against each other. Alex really wanted this. But then he saw his phone beep:
“My Love ❤️ sent you a voicemail.” He sighed and played it. 
“Hi, Alex. I’m about to go to bed, be back soon, okay? Pip and I miss you so much and I really want to cuddle you. I love you!” tears formed in his eyes. “Oh my god…” he looked at his engagement ring. He remembered Eliza. How heartbroken she’d be. How he promised her how she was his only love. He looked at John, who seemed to realize what they had done, too.

"I'm so sorry, John… I have to go…" Alexander said and called an uber. No matter how urgently he wanted to be home, he knew he could not drive home in his current state. 
John waited outside with him for the Uber and rubbed his arm gently. 
"I'm sorry, this is entirely my fault. I called you over to get drunk and fuck- I forgot about Eliza. I'm so sorry." John said and didn't mind when Alexander shrugged him off.

Alexander stared out the window of the Uber. He felt so guilty. He kissed John. He wanted to have sex with John. He wanted John so badly. He only stopped when he thought about Eliza. Tears formed in his eyes as he got out of the Uber, and went upstairs to the bedroom.
Eliza was asleep, cuddling with Pip. She’s carrying his child. “I’m so horrible”, he mumbled to himself, before falling asleep next to Eliza.

Eliza woke up and smiled at her fiance and son. "Good morning my boys." She whispered and kissed Pips head then Alexanders. Alexander opened his eyes and smiled gently. "I'm sorry I got home so late last night. I wish I was here with you." He kissed her lips.
She nodded. "It's alright, you didn't miss much. Just the baby doing cartwheels and Pip watching Bubble Guppies on repeat for 3 hours." She laughed.

Alexander stared into her eyes for awhile, regretting everything. “Did you and John talk? Is Frances okay?”, she asked. They didn’t talk. Alexander couldn’t say anything.
“Babe?”
“I have to go use the bathroom-“, he said.

He got up and went into the en suite bathroom. He locked the door and just sat on the floor, staring at the tub. He contemplated telling her or keeping it a secret. He even thought about just leaving but he knew he couldn't. His child needed him, even if Eliza was angry. He gave in and eventually opened the door to face her.

“Eliza… I need to talk to you.” Eliza looked at Pip, “Pip, please go to your room.” Pip walked out, and Eliza smiled the smile he always loved. “Is everything okay?”, she asked sweetly. He gulped and cleared his throat. “I cheated on you.”

Eliza's smile fell. She was very confused. "W-what? When? With who???" She wanted to cry. She sat up in bed and looked at him, heartbroken.
"Last night… with John…" he mumbled and stared at the floor. "I didn't mean to… he got me drunk… I'm so sorry, Eliza…" 

She got up, and paced around the room. “I don’t want to hear it.”
“Eliza-“
“That’s the stupidest excuse I’ve ever heard!”, she screamed. “Admit that you cheated on me because I’m ugly! Right after you say I’m the most beautiful woman in the world, you go and sleep with another person!”
“We didn’t have sex, you see-“
“I don’t want to hear it!” She took off her engagement ring, and Alexander’s face fell.

"Pip and I are leaving. Go enjoy your new boyfriend. We don't want anything to do with you anymore." She snapped and packed a bag for herself and Pip. She went to her sons room and gently sat with him, trying to hide her tears. "Pippy, pack your favorite toys, ok? You and I are going to nana's for a bit." 

“Eliza, wait! I can explain! Please!” Alexander had tears in his eyes. Eliza, without thinking, turned around and slapped him. “Go away! You don’t love me! Stop trying to explain yourself!” She picked up Pip, and walked downstairs. “Eliza, don't go!” She slammed the front door.