Chapter 4: The Lie

Alexander decided to take Chelsea to a fancy Japanese restaurant in downtown New York City. "Oh my god! It's Alexander Hamilton!"
"How's the movie coming along!"
"Is Chelsea an amazing girlfriend?"
"Sign my paper please!"
Alexander chuckled as he got out of his car, took a picture with a few of his fans, asking them to post the photos after they left, and walked inside. "Being famous is so amazing!", Chelsea giggled. "Yeah, but it's exhausting", Alexander muttered. "Table for 2 please?"

The host took them to a table and handed them menus. "Do you think I could get a picture with you two?" The waiter asked when he came to get their orders. Chelsea took off her gloves, revealing an engagement ring that Alexander definitely did not give her.
Pictures were taken and the next morning, everyone was talking about how Alexander and Chelsea were "engaged".

Alexander didn't realize everyone was talking about it until he decided to go on Twitter. He frowned when he saw:
# alexander hamilton engagement
1,904 tweets in the past hour
He decided to FaceTime Chelsea. "Oh hi babe! I just got out of the shower. Wanna see~?"
"No! No, not today. Why did you tell everyone we are engaged?" Chelsea giggled. "Isn't it great? Everyone is talking about it!"
"No, Chels- not really. We started dating two months ago! I'm not ready for commitment!"

"Why don't you break up with me then? Hm? I want to get married to you so you will marry me. End of discussion." Chelsea said and hung up. Alexander groaned and threw his phone on his bed. "God this is awful." He mumbled.
His phone buzzed a few times and he checked it. There were messages from some of his friends and castmates but 1 caught his eye.
'Congrats on your engagement' was the text he received from Eliza.

His phone buzzed again. A nude photo from Chelsea, and another text. 'So, are we getting married or what? ;)' Alexander groaned. He sent her a message, 'Fine we will get married' he also decided to text Eliza.
'Chelsea and I are not really engaged. She decided to lie about it' he groaned and hit 'send'
Eliza: oh I'm sorry about that! I'll keep it a secret I promise
You: Thank you.
He fell backwards on his bed. He had no idea what to do.

Meanwhile, Eliza sat on her bed, putting her phone back on charge when her bedroom door opened. "Morning mommy!" Pip squealed and climbed onto her bed. "Good morning my baby." Eliza smiled and pulled him close, leaving peppered kisses all over his face. Pip squealed and giggled. "Mommy do you have work?" He asked and sat on her lap, playing with a couple strands of her hair.
"No I don't. My boss gave everyone the day off so we can spend all day together!" Eliza smiled and hugged him again.

They decided to go to the park. "Mommy mommy look!" Philip went across the monkey bars. "Good job, Pippy!" She clapped her hands.
Then something caught her eye.
Her ex.
"T-Thomas..."