Chapter 34: Proud

“Mommy! Daddy! Guess what!” It was finally time to take Angie home, and Eliza was dressing Angie up while Alexander was helping Pip tie his shoes. “What?”
“Daycare is having play, and I’m the princess! Georges is gonna be the prince!”

"That's so amazing, Pip! You're going to do so good! Do you need help with your lines?" Eliza asked and picked up the newborn to put her into her baby carrier. Philip shook his head. "I can do it on my own! I wanna be a movie star like you and daddy!" He said and let Angie grab onto his finger. "Her hands are sooo small!"

Alexander chuckled. “Well, we practiced our lines, but you can do whatever you want!” Eliza smiled, “we are so proud of you, Pip!” Pip giggled and kissed Angie’s forehead. “Can we go home now? I wanna show her our big house!” Alexander and Eliza both smiled. “Of course”

Alexander took the carrier, not letting Eliza carry it. Eliza leaned into him as they walked out to the parking lot, holding Pips hand tight since there were cars driving around. Alex put Angie into her carseat as Eliza did the same to Pip. "Watch over her while we drive, ok? Give her the bear if she gets fussy." Eliza instructed her son and handed Pip a small stuffed bear.

“You’re so hot, baby” Alexander whispered as he was driving. Eliza blushed as he turned onto the highway. She began to whisper, “well after 12 weeks you can-“ then Angie started to cry. “Oh no!” Pip gave her the bear. “It's okay, Angie! Look! A bear! Shhh…” Angie cooed, as Pip put a pacifier in her mouth. She sucked on it, and started to get sleepy. “I’m a good big brother!” Pip looked proud of himself. 

"You're the best big brother!" Eliza praised and gave Pip one of the cookies she kept from the hospital meals. Pips eyes widened and he ate the cookie happily. "Thank you mommy!" He smiled and played with Angie's hands a little, knowing to be gentle.

Angie cooed as Alexander drove up to his mansion. “See, Angie? This is where you’re going to live!”, said Pip, as Alexander opened the door to the house. Eliza smiled. “This is the living room, Angie! Make sure not to crawl in the fireplace when you’re older! There’s a playpen!” They brought her to the kitchen. “This is the kishten, where we eat yummy snacks!” Said Pip. They showed her the rest of the house, then it was time to show her her room.

Eliza hadn't seen the nursery yet. Alexander worked on it as a surprise for her since the gender reveal. Alex opened the door and she let out an audible gasp. The room had light pink and green walls with 1 of the walls was covered in a flower mural. The white crib was pressed against the wall with a changing table and rocking chair on either sides of it.

“It’s beautiful, Alex!” She gave him a hug, making sure not to crush Angie. “There’s a walk-in closet, just like mommy and daddy's room, and Pip's room!” Alexander said. “Oh!” Pip ran into the closet, where he got out a princess dress. “This is the dress I’m wearing for the play tonight!”

"Tonight????" Eliza looked at Alex. She didn't know she would have to go out in public that night especially after just coming home from having a baby. Alex shrugged and picked up Pip. "Let's go get you changed, buddy." He sighed and went to Pips room.

Eliza called Peggy and got out bottles of her breast milk from the fridge and put it in a little  baby bag, and put in jumpers in case Angie spit up. Of course, she put in plenty of diapers and Angie’s teddy bear. She smiled and walked into the bedroom. “Mommy mommy look!” Pip smiled proudly as he was wearing his pink princess dress.

"Oh that looks wonderful! You're going to do so good tonight!" Eliza smiled and kissed his head. "What do you want to do with your hair? Leave it down or put it in a ponytail?" She asked him and ran her fingers through his knotted curls. "Um…. Leave it down!" He said and pulled away to go admire his baby sister some more.