35: Down For The Count

A/N: this is really fricken long-

“So Georges and I get to be the ring bear? What does that mean?”, Philip asked while Eliza was shopping online for flowers and, for the honeymoon, lingerie. Pip was playing with his Barbie’s on the floor. “You and Georges get to walk down the aisle with rings on pillows. Frances will be the flower girl.” Philip smiled. “Do I make bear noises?” Alexander chuckled as he walked in the room. “No, you do not make bear noises.” Eliza shut her laptop before he could see the lingerie she was looking at. 

"Whatcha lookin at?" Alexander smirked and sat beside his fiance, leaning into her side. "Baby stuff." She heard Alexander sigh deeply. "Again? Seriously? She's already here, love." He said and looked at Angie who was sleeping in her carrier. It's the only place they could put her without her sobbing.

Eliza shrugged, and kissed him softly. “Can I see the baby stuff you were looking at?” He smirked again. “No”, she said sweetly. He chuckled and embraced her.
“So Frances gets to throw flowers and all Georges and I do is carry the rings on pillows?”, Pip frowned.

"Your job is special because those rings are the ones mommy and I will wear for the rest of our lives." Alexander said. "Do you want to watch that Tangled short? The one with the wedding?" He asked and put it on before Pip could answer. Eliza quickly opened her laptop and closed the tabs while he was distracted then picked up Angie, giving her a pacifier.

Pip was happy to be the ring bearer, and Lafayette, John, Peggy, and Angelica were over. “Can we plan the Bachelorette party while Laf and John plan the bachelor party?”, Peggy squealed. “Fine”, Eliza said. “As long as there’s no strippers.” Alexander chuckled at that and she hit his arm softly. “I can’t believe it! We’re getting married in a week!”, she smiled happily as she sat on his lap on the couch.

Peggy quickly canceled the strippers. "How drunk can we get you?" She asked Eliza after hearing the boys talk about bars. "Um… very. Very drunk. Also, invite Adrienne if she's up to it. I know she gets tired often." She smiled and finished her tea that was on the table.

The planned for Pip and Angie to go to Mrs. Schuyler’s house during the parties. “Why can’t I go?”, Pip asked. “You’re too young, Pip. Plus, it’d be very boring for you.” 
As Pip was napping, Eliza was kissing Alexander on the couch. “I’m excited for the wedding but also nervous”, she mumbled.

"Don't be nervous. I'm obviously going to say yes." He gave her a goofy grin so she would smile. "Yeah I can't wait. The only problem is that you can't get laid on our honeymoon." His smile faded. "What do you mean?" He asked. "Because of my stitches, I can't have sex for another 4 weeks." Alexander groaned and looked at Angie. "This is your fault." Eliza gave him a stern look. "No it's yours."

Alexander chuckled a bit. “I mean, we can try to pleasure each other in other ways, and we can be extremely careful.” Eliza nodded. “That’s true.” She remembered the lingerie she had bought. Alexander gave her soft kisses and she smiled, she couldn’t wait to be married to him.

Angie woke up and started crying in Eliza's arms. She sighed and tried to feed her. She would be smiling at how adorable her daughter was but she had a bit of the baby blues and forgot to take her medicine that morning.

“Are you alright?”, Alexander asked as she got some breast milk from the fridge. She shrugged. “I don’t know what’s wrong with me..” he hugged her. “You can talk to me about anything…”
“I think it’s the postpartum depression again…”

"Did you take your medicine this morning?" He asked, trying to recap what happened to remember if she did. She silently shook her head and held the bottle in Angie's mouth. "I'll go get them." He said and ran upstairs to the master bathroom.