Chapter 28: Courtroom

Eliza got dressed into a dark green semi-formal dress. She was going to court with Alexander today, because Chelsea was finally caught.
A week ago, she was found flirting with a guy at a nightclub in Harlem, and was arrested. Eliza did not want to take Pip to the trial, it would be too harsh for him. Alexander knocked on the bedroom door. 

"Come in-" she called to him, struggling to zip up her dress. Alexander came in and helped her. "Pip is at your moms. Ready to get going? I want to get there a bit early to talk to the lawyers." He said and rubbed her bump, making her smile. She nodded and leaned her head on his shoulder. "I can't wait until she's locked up for good."

Alexander chuckled, “me too. I’m sorry that I ever dated her.” Eliza kissed him. “It’s okay. If you think about it, she kinda helped us be together unknowingly. But that doesn’t mean I’m not pissed at her.” Alexander rubbed her bump more. “I still can’t believe I’m going to be a dad.” He kissed her bump.

"Technically, you're Pip's dad. At least in his eyes. I can't wait to see you hold a baby, though. It will be the cutest thing ever." She smiled and made sure her ring was on the right hand. She clipped on some dangly earrings and a nice necklace she got from her mom.

“I won’t let her hurt you”, Alexander said as he drove to the highway exit. She kissed the hand he was holding her bump with. “Thank you, Alexander.” She took deep breaths as they drove to the courthouse. He helped her out of the car, and held her close as they walked inside.

"I have to use the bathroom-" she said quietly to him and looked around. He led her to the women's bathroom and waited outside.
She went in and did her business but when she emerged from the stall, Chelsea was standing there with an evil look in her eye. "Look what the dog dragged in." She laughed at Eliza, making her feel self conscious of how she looked.

“What do you want?”, she asked Chelsea, backing away towards the door. Chelsea frowned when she noticed the ring on Eliza’s finger. “Oh. You stole my man. How exciting.” Eliza covered up the ring on her finger. “What… Do you want?”, she asked again. “Listen you little bitch. When I get told I’m innocent, I will make your life miserable. I’ll take your kid and Alexander and everything away from you, before I hurt you physically.” Eliza opened the door and ran out, jumping into Alexander’s arms. 

"Woah woah- what happened?" Alexander asked her and rubbed her back as she sobbed into his chest. Chelsea emerged from the bathroom and smirked at him. "That's my ring, Lexi. Why'd you give it to her? You love me!" She smiled innocently.
Some of the officers came over and handcuffed her, bringing her into the courtroom.

“Eliza, that ring was something I bought with love. Chelsea bought her own fake ring. I’m sorry this is happening.” Eliza stopped crying, but was still sniffling. “I know, it’s just she threatened me again! S-she t-threatened to take P-Pip and you away from me!” Alexander’s eyes widened. “Oh baby. Like I said, I won’t let that happen. She’s a crazy cocksucker.” Eliza laughed at Alexander’s last comment, and he wiped her tears with his thumb. “Do you wanna go into the courtroom now? I promise I won’t let her get near you.” Eliza nodded, and they linked arms, walking together.

Everyone was still standing when they went in but Eliza's swollen ankles did not want to continue standing so she found a place to sit, even if she wasn't supposed to be sitting. "Alex, can you call my massage lady? Everything is aching." She laughed a little.

“Mhm. Of course. I’ll also massage you when we get home.” Eliza smiled, and they were allowed to sit down again, while Chelsea’s lawyer spoke. Alexander rubbed her leg to help calm her down. “It’s okay, our lawyer has more evidence than him.” Eliza nodded and rested her head on his shoulder. She saw Chelsea glaring at her every once in awhile.