Chapter 24

I wake up to Zoey jumping on Riley and I. I open my eyes, and see Zoey yell something, which makes Riley quickly open his eyes and say something worriedly.

I grab my hearing aid and put it in, and like an on and off switch I can hear. "What's wrong baby?"

"ITS YOUR AND RILEY'S BIRTHDAY!!!" Zoey yells. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!"

I blink slowly. Oh yeah... it is our birthday.

Have I forgotten to mention how Riley and I have the same birthday? Huh... must have slipped my mind.

I rub my eyes as I sit up. "Happy birthday Riley."

"Happy birthday Keely."

"Blah blah blah. We need to go to grandma and grandpa's because I want you to open my presents!" Zoey says grabbing my hand and Riley's hand bragging is out of bed.

Zoey never even gave Riley the chance to put a shirt on, not that it bothers me though. It's quite the sight to see.

We all eat cereal for breakfast, and then we all get ready for the day. I'm coming out of the bathroom the same time Riley goes to knock on the door. I give him a quick peck, and go check on Zoey.

"Hey baby." I say. Zoey waves at me.

"Just so you know, I'm going to make you and Riley take me out somewhere fun, but I'm going to pretend like it's for your guys' birthday."

I laugh at that. "Ok baby. I'll keep that in mind."

"Ok you two! Let's roll!" Zoey yells. And Riley comes out of his bedroom, and grabs his keys and takes my hand and Zoey's hand in his other hand as we walk out of the apartment building.

We see Noah and his wife, gosh, I will never ever get used to that. They're all getting into the car, presumably going to my parents place for our birthday traditions.

"Uncle Noah!!" Zoey yells as she runs over to Noah and hugs him tightly. "Mommy can I go to grandma and grandpa's with uncle Noah?"

I shrug. "If it's ok with uncle Noah."

Zoey turns to Noah with puppy dog eyes. And Ari and Jaxx also look at him pleading for him to let Zoey come along with them. The three have become best friends in the short amount of time they've known each other.

"Ok fine."

All three kids cheer. And I sign thank you to Noah, and Riley and I walk off hand in hand. The action wasn't missed by Noah, and he smiles slightly at the sight of Riley and I holding hands.

Riley and I don't have to wait long for the bus to come, and then it's only a few minutes until we get to my parents house.

"So Riley..."

"Yeah?"

"You don't have to ask to kiss me anymore. While I fine it extremely sweet that you ask before kissing me, I don't need it anymore. It won't bother me if you kiss me without my approval."

Riley looks at me, and raises his eyebrow. "You sure?"

I nod. "Absolutely sure. I don't know if you can see it as clearly as I can, but you're helping me find myself again." I whisper.

"I love you so much Keely."

I lean my head against Riley. "I love you too. More then you know."

Soon enough we get to my parents house, and I'm realizing this time everyone is going to be watching Riley and I. Together. Last time we were all together was several days ago when Noah told everyone about his lovely wife he kept a secret. Right after I said how Riley and I were dating.